JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I always pack a handgun, innawoods or otherwise, but when Car camping, or backpacking away from very popular spots I pack my little 10.5" 300 blk pistol with a 1200 lumen light.

I am the thing to be scared of in the woods. Screw these stupid senseless criminals.

I always pack a handgun, innawoods or otherwise, but when Car camping, or backpacking away from very popular spots I pack my little 10.5" 300 blk pistol with a 1200 lumen light.

I am the thing to be scared of in the woods. Screw these stupid senseless criminals.

Do you not sleep or poop? Everyone is vulnerable at some point unless you camp like LRPs with a perimeter and claymores.

Same here, anytime I'm on a trip or camping I have multiple weapons.
Heck even driving over Hood to go to Bend I have an AR pistol in the car.
And a couple handguns.

This story just hits something bad in me. Such a evil act.
My mind floats to these kids. What if they wondered off, or the fact they saw this happen and had to see their father like that. How scared they must have been.

Heartbreaking.

Do you not sleep or poop? Everyone is vulnerable at some point unless you camp like LRPs with a perimeter and claymores.

Haha. I sleep very lightly, and I poop at low ready ;)

I have set up trip wires with party poppers in bear heavy areas before. Usually I find or build thick brush walls (in remote areas) and keep a smoldering fire between the opening and me.

Edit: I tear down and scatter whatever I build when I leave. Obviously.

Last Edited:
I hate to be cynical, but a guy like that has to make good money and probably has good life insurance given his age and good physical condition. He was found in the tent, probably didn't get snuck up on with those damn zippers. Wife has a convenient alibi. She either has an alibi with study partners or just an excuse to not be at the location of the shooting. And the children were unharmed.....

:s0156:

I just got back from hiking in the woods today with my adult son and grandson. My son was carrying a XDS 45 and I was carrying a Sig 226 in 40 S&W.
Lots of people were out today and I always carry in the woods especially. Lots of varmits out there and many of them on two legs.
I did have to chuckle when a very nice lady and here husband walked by and she said to me "Are there bear out here? I bet we should have bear spray, So you have bear spray?" I simply pointed at my hip and said "yes I do.. However mine sprays 40 caliber lead"

I hate to be cynical, but a guy like that has to make good money and probably has good life insurance given his age and good physical condition. He was found in the tent, probably didn't get snuck up on with those damn zippers. Wife has a convenient alibi. She either has an alibi with study partners or just an excuse to not be at the location of the shooting. And the children were unharmed.....

:s0156:

:s0095: I'm shocked you'd even suggest such a thing in this day of virtue.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top