JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Unpapered SBR and unregistered state-defined "assault weapons" among the 156 firearms, and the owner had roommates and stored at least some of the guns in plain view. Not very clever.

Sgt. Daron Wyatt said. Many of the firearms had been passed down from the father of one of the suspects. They had been legal in the past, but were not vetted by the proper authorities over the years as gun laws evolved in California, police said.

A glimpse in to the possible future around here if this nonsense isnt stopped.

If your holding onto guns made illegal by your state, probably a good idea not to keep them all in one basket.

Here are some issues and take aways for me:

• If you have an alarm, it goes off, police respond, find an open door or window...they will likely go into the house as a practice in most areas. (Personally done this hundreds of times.) They will be considered lawfully in your home so if it is in plain sight it is fair game for them.
  • They one resident on "parole", that means he is a felon.
  • Registration of guns...not required in Cali (with exceptions), "assault rifles" and if you move into the state with guns. Don't know the status of the residents, but if they lawfully had possession then registration is not required per the California DOJ website: "There is no firearm registration requirement in California except for assault weapon owners and personal handgun importers."
  • SBR's and such will be a problem...generally all of these will be prohibited by CA law. This will be the major reason they will stay in jail.
  • High capacity magazines...remember a few months back when millions were shipped to Cali over four days? My understanding is, while this case is pending, these are not unlawful to possess in the state.
  • Have we all noticed that once some type of crime is noted around firearms the ALL get collected as "evidence"? Me too. Know of a sergeant once who ordered a deputy to collect guns from a house there an alarm went off. Deputy said no crime involved so no. Sergeant ordered, deputy advised him it was an unlawful order and drove away. Deputy won.

California likes to play word games. All guns of any kind (Post 1898) purchased in the state are entered into the state database through the DROS or CFARS process. If a C&R licensee buys a C&R long gun in California they have to submit a form to the state to register it. If they buy a C&R gun out of state they must register it when bringing it back to CA. If one of the exceptions to FFL transfer applies (spouse, etc) the recipient must register the transfer with the state and show proof of a firearms safety card. Only long guns bought before 2014 and handguns bought before the 1990's (not sure on handgun date) are not necessarily tracked in a state database.

And obviously all of the gangbangers shooting people on the streets comply with this scheme.

Get rid of or never purchase a home alarm system.

Home alarms are constantly being false alarmed. I know, I had one in another home years ago and we would accidentally set it off about twice a year. So the one I'm in now, nope, no alarm.

I respect LE, but sure as hell don't want them going on a fishing expedition in my home due to an alarm system that I can't fool proof....meaning of course, me....

Last Edited:

• If you have an alarm, it goes off, police respond, find an open door or window...they will likely go into the house as a practice in most areas. (Personally done this hundreds of times.) They will be considered lawfully in your home so if it is in plain sight it is fair game for them.
  • Registration of guns...not required in Cali (with exceptions), "assault rifles" and if you move into the state with guns. Don't know the status of the residents, but if they lawfully had possession then registration is not required per the California DOJ website: "There is no firearm registration requirement in California except for assault weapon owners and personal handgun importers."
  • SBR's and such will be a problem...generally all of these will be prohibited by CA law. This will be the major reason they will stay in jail.
  • High capacity magazines...remember a few months back when millions were shipped to Cali over four days? My understanding is, while this case is pending, these are not unlawful to possess in the state.
  • Have we all noticed that once some type of crime is noted around firearms the ALL get collected as "evidence"? Me too. Know of a sergeant once who ordered a deputy to collect guns from a house there an alarm went off. Deputy said no crime involved so no. Sergeant ordered, deputy advised him it was an unlawful order and drove away. Deputy won.
California likes to play word games. All guns of any kind (Post 1898) purchased in the state are entered into the state database through the DROS or CFARS process. If a C&R licensee buys a C&R long gun in California they have to submit a form to the state to register it. If they buy a C&R gun out of state they must register it when bringing it back to CA. If one of the exceptions to FFL transfer applies (spouse, etc) the recipient must register the transfer with the state and show proof of a firearms safety card. Only long guns bought before 2014 and handguns bought before the 1990's (not sure on handgun date) are not necessarily tracked in a state database.

And obviously all of the gangbangers shooting people on the str. comply with this scheme.
Yes the state does have a form for a family transfer, called "Operation of Law". Also covers distribution of firearms to others by way of a will or trust. May have to attach paperwork to show the transfer. Actually handguns were registered as far back as 1961-62. My father was USN, stationed at NAS Moffiet Field, 1961-63. He got an off-duty job as a private security guard and had to buy his own firearm. Date of transaction on the record was in 1962. And I found out that because in the mid 1980s, DOJ "discovered" that info on handgun purchases prior to 1968 (both Feds and Calif had gun control laws passed) had no DOB. So they decided that since you had to be 21 (1968 GCA) to buy a handgun, Calif DOJ subtracted 21 from 1968. And gave all records a dob of 01/01/1947 if one was not otherwise reported. Only found out when I tried to get a copy of my firearms registered. Got a list that was 8 feet long. Had about 8-10 individuals, one a gun collector. My Dad's 38 was there, but my weren't. Had to go to DOJ and get help. problem was finally solved.

The mosin can go, but if they so much as lay one saw tooth on that galil:mad::mad: :s0112:

I know, right?! o_O

0E8A63A3-65D4-4996-9F87-62888BED33AA.jpeg

:D

Actually handguns were registered as far back as 1961-62.
Correct, if purchased from a store. FTF transfers were lawful post this time frame so many guns were not "registered" to their lawful owners. Thanks for pointing out nicely that in CA, the registration paper trail never ends, in that your name is forever linked to a gun in the record system. Hence why in OR and other states people fight to keep "registration" away.

It's pretty damn simple folks if we let these people run with it like they are, there is no stopping them short of REV 2.0 and most gun owners out there will not participate.:(

Most people are fed, their kids are fed, their 401k is ripping, their house value is up a couple hundred k, they got 2 new cars in the drive way and that gun in their closet has never been needed. Most people dont see that gun in the closet to be worth dieing over.

Most people are fed, their kids are fed, their 401k is ripping, their house value is up a couple hundred k, they got 2 new cars in the drive way and that gun in their closet has never been needed. Most people dont see that gun in the closet to be worth dieing over.

Its sad really that they don't care about their right to self-defense and everyone else's right.
The "as long as I'm comfy I don't care" attitude is what has damaged America.

Its sad really that they don't care about their right to self-defense and everyone else's right.
The "as long as I'm comfy I don't care" attitude is what has damaged America.

Maybe, but who's gonna care for my family if I'm toasted by a drone? Not the republicans demanding an end to welfare. Gets a bit more complicated right quick dont it. When really in the scope of things our lives are pretty damn good. (I do enjoy playing devils advocate) How do you convince someone else to die for their rights that they dont see a use for?

Spot on! Dirtbags with FEDERALLY illegal guns (serial numbers removed) are not protected under 2A. Hence the term "felon on parole". I'm ok with this one and say Good Job Boys n Girls! Take some scum off the street and their weapons.
Probably stopped some deadly use on a L/E officer. :s0151:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA