Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

C&R Question

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Derbarbarian, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Derbarbarian

Derbarbarian Seattle New Member

Hey guy's I've been following the chatter on 594 and a question arose, is it going to essentially invalidate my C&R license? From the language of the bill It certainly sounds like it is, but I just thought I would get a second opinion.

2. bnsaibum

bnsaibum Corvallis, OR Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

It would seem that it does invalidate a C&R license.
    Sec. 3 almost seems to offer an exemption for C&R holders with this; " shall be subject to background checks unless specifically exempted by state or federal law", but then is is followed by the very next sentence and subsections 2 and 3 dealing with the defined "licensed dealer".

I am wondering if this could help, even if in a small way, in getting this piece of tripe thrown out.

3. bnsaibum

bnsaibum Corvallis, OR Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

Modeler likes this.
  4. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

This is a good time to be contacting your rep to mention this. They can still amend it through legislative action. Not one of them will know what a C&R license is so they need to hear that the law will hurt collectors.

5. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

We have a similar problem here in Oregon. We're required to get background checks at gun shows with an exemption for "Dealers" as defined in the CFR. Unfortunately "Dealers" doesn't include "Collectors", the definition for which occupies a different spot in the CFR. Good luck!

6. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Im sure we will get overlooked when they put in the new bills this session. Hopefully we can catch their attention. I dont plan to for background checks for $20 broken 100 year old guns to work on.

Modeler likes this.