JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can't stand pink floyd

Where is that unlike button:p.

Wasn't much of a fan of Floyd or the Doors until I got really high and listened to them. Changed my perspective forever.

There is some music I really think you can't grasp until you've listened to it in an altered state (booze doesn't count).

Man in the Box is in my will to be played at my funeral - for real lol.

On A side note, I've been off the oxy for 7 hours now and seem to be able to tolerate the discomfort ok as long as I stay laying down with it up and wrapped.

Am able to put a slight amount of weight on it which is helping my mobility but still can not straighten it or bend it much.

Going in to see my primary doc today so I'm guessing he will refer me to my orthopedist that did the surgery on my knee 3 years ago or tell me to wait another week and set me up with PT.

I'll let ya know.

I have heard that pain such of that sort or back can be managed by a Physician's script of 1-2 oxycontin along with 1-2 beers while sitting at a computer. At least that's what I have been told.

Brutus Out
Brutus57 Lets head over and ensure he gets off the Oxy. I will bring the Beer.

On A side note, I've been off the oxy for 7 hours now and seem to be able to tolerate the discomfort ok as long as I stay laying down with it up and wrapped.

Am able to put a slight amount of weight on it which is helping my mobility but still can not straighten it or bend it much.

Going in to see my primary doc today so I'm guessing he will refer me to my orthopedist that did the surgery on my knee 3 years ago or tell me to wait another week and set me up with PT.

I'll let ya know.

Surgery and the associated down time is a depressing prospect.:(

My physical therapist told me ''It's only temporary''. And I told her ''Life is only temporary''!
Anyways it feels like your looking down the barrel of a gun when you have things you want to do.

I hope you don't go there Joe. Good luck. ;)

Eh, that wasn't all that helpful.. Going to my primary. Of course he is referring me to an orthopedist and ordering an MRI.

Keep doing what I'm doing till then.o_O

Thanks for the concern y'all. Oxy isn't my cup of tea but I'm in some serious pain without it.

I'll be weaning off it ASAP. I normally have a few pills left over when stuff like this happens.

That and I only take enough to take the edge off, I don't like feeling loopy and knowing when I'm doing something wrong is helpful so a big jolt of pain is a good reminder to take it easy - too much pain meds and I forget I'm broken and start doing things I shouldn't which just makes it take longer.
My dad went in for a surgery (a small one) and they let him go the same day. He was on some pretty serious anesthesia and he walked into to light poles and asked my mom to take him to McDonald's (which he loathes). He stayed inside for the rest of the day.

Hey @Joe13
Do it! Do it! Do it!
:s0132::s0023::s0132:

Just waiting for the pre approval for an MRI;). I know plenty of people that would love to lay on the couch all day and while I have to recoup on the couch a lot, I also like to get things on my list done and to feel somewhat productive in a day.

I'm off the pain pills (ibprophen for swelling) and tried one crutching it this morning to get a couple things done. Now I'm convincing myself to not go back on the pain meds lol:oops:.

It's going to be a slow recovery. They want me back in a week to see if it is less swollen so they can poke and prod at it.

After my 2nd back surgery I was told to take 2 full weeks off from work. But nooooo! I got gung ho and bored at home so I went back to work 8 days after surgery. I lasted a day and a half and went home Friday AM. Took me another full week off before I gingerly managed to get back to work, and that was a desk job. So, take it slow is all I am saying.

Brutus Out

Saw a Starship show in Myrtle Beach this year (kinda formerly Jefferson Airplane). Anyways there female vocalist does "White Rabbit" perfectly.

Crank that tune up along with some mood lights and your all set. :)

After my 2nd back surgery I was told to take 2 full weeks off from work. But nooooo! I got gung ho and bored at home so I went back to work 8 days after surgery. I lasted a day and a half and went home Friday AM. Took me another full week off before I gingerly managed to get back to work, and that was a desk job. So, take it slow is all I am saying.

Brutus Out
Yeah but are OLD old

Hey Joe13, haven't been on, so just read about your knee. Just so you know, I stayed at some motel yesterday and I've cut up quit a few deer and elk over the years so if you want to save a little money, give me a call, I work cheap !!

KIDDING, Hope your better soon man, surgery sucks, but hope it makes it better.

Not to be captain obvious but aren't your posts always strange (@Joe13)?

Maybe we should have been on the lookout for normal posts?

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top