JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yikes! Sorry man. That sucks! What did you do to it?

I didn't loose enough weight fast enough most likely:p.

I had just finished front brake pads and finished with the second wheel and lug nuts. Was sitting in a very low stool with my knees above my hips (trying to be easy on my kneeso_O:rolleyes:) and when I got up to go let it down off the jack I heard/felt a loud snap/pop. Knee surgery on the meniscus 3 years ago and thought I was on my way back to better.

They wrapped it because I can't straighten it for a brace and have me on oxy and ibprophen to reduce the swelling. My left foot is a good 20-30% bigger then my right and they couldn't get a pic that showed something other then a broken piece of bone but they don't know if it's old or new. Have an appointment with my reg clinic Thursday to see if they can find anything and hopefully the swelling will go down some by then.

Very bad sprain/strain is the official diagnosis as of right now. I can't put any weight on it at all so I'm beating up the rest of my body with these infernal crutches lol; they do help me get around though so there is that:D.

Knees suck. I took a conical piece of fast moving lead to the outside of my left knee some years back. Took off a piece of the cap, tore the LCL, and pulled the tendon that holds the cap on loose from the shin bone taking a piece of the shin bone with it. Took some doing, but they got it put back together. Laid me up for 6 months. I still limp after a vigorous hump (as in hike, you perverts) if no one's watching.
So I feel your pain. Knees suck.

Let me know if you need anything Joe. If I'm around, I'll see that you get it.

(I struggled to keep it as medical-jargon-free as possible for you medic. I hope you appreciate it).

Thanks man, but it sounds like you felt more then my pain!

No one shot me... Thank-You, for your service Sir:cool: as well as your generous offer;).

a joint or two a day will keep the pain away

I thought it was a shot or two of morphine a day kept the pain away;).

If only I wasn't actively looking for a job the discomfort would make me contemplate it I suppose - asthma an all.

I don't know enough about the THC'less stuff to risk trying that and getting a good job offer only to fail a test.:oops:

Thanks man, but it sounds like you felt more then my pain!

No one shot me... Thank-You, for your service Sir:cool: as well as your generous offer;).

I thought it was a shot or two of morphine a day kept the pain away;).

If only I wasn't actively looking for a job the discomfort would make me contemplate it I suppose - asthma an all.

I don't know enough about the THC'less stuff to risk trying that and getting a good job offer only to fail a test.:oops:

yeah, the whole job thing i think is BS where its ok if you drink alcohol but you cant consume mary jane in order to pass a pee test. both are legal in our states.

no need to smoke it when you can eat it. seriously man, the stuff these kids have figured out is crazy with near endless possibilities. theres so many different options out there its like you can choose how it effects you. ive had stuff where you literally dont get all head high but only body high. like taking a pain killer except much(IMO)better for you. im no pot advocate but i just like to have a little once in a blue moon.

that being said, im still a pretty young guy but, its like "what happened to just rollin one?" its been a while since ive had some pot(like i would undoubtedly pass a UA) but, i can tell you, back when i was a teenager, there was like no self control as to how much i would have at one time and id just be super stoned all the time. now, to me, its like alcohol...drink too much and be irresponsible and you will have to face the consequence. Enjoy a little bit at one time in moderation, its great. same with pot (IMO)

i much prefer higher CBD levels and lower THC levels. im not big on getting a head high. lasts too long if i want to be able to go do something, and would rather use marijuana as an opiate alternative.

I second the edibles with Zero THC! I tried the Oil an darn, that stuff really works! I had a med card before and tried the med grade stuff, it didn't even touch the pain, just made it so I didn't care! I went through about two months with different "blends" and finally gave up! Now that I have discovered the oils, it's like a new me! SgtNambu you might wanna give this a try, it sure helps me with the constant pain! It especially helped with the Stabbing pain I would get when trying to pivot while standing!

Blew out a knee yesterday.

Sprain or strain is the first guess but I've damaged both my knees and will be suprised if I'm not headed for surgery when they redo my X-rays after the swelling is down.

Pain on meds is a 5 at rest and 10++ if I twist it, straighten it or put any weight on it.

Sooooo, y'all may see some strange posts from me because this and the boob tube (hmm no boobs on mine:() are my only entertainment.

Just let me know I offended you or maybe didn't communicate my thoughts well and I'll do my best to quadruple read what I post before posting:D.

So much for my increasing stamina every day - although moving my over weight bum around on sticks winds me so maybe I'll be thinner when I can walk again?.?.? (Fingers crossed).

Was going to try starting a paper route on the 1st so I guess this was a sign to hold out for better work maybe:rolleyes:.

I am NOT looking for sympathy, just giving y'all a heads up and hopefully the core group will keep me in line until I'm off the oxy.

Going without NWFA for a few weeks would be pretty tough.
Joe13 , brother, I destroyed my left knee in 1972 on a motorcycle. I had surgery a year later to remove the broken cartilege and bone. I had a total knee replacement in 2012 and wished I'd done it sooner. I could've avoided 40 years of limping and pain. Hope and pray for just a sprain because it will get better with time.

For me, it's Segar (heck I can't even spell his name) and Journey. Really don't like them.
Like Others 1960-90s rock mostly except for the whiny LB music. AliceNChains...they rock, I mean "ooooooohhhhhhhh, they come to snuff the Rooster".... good lyrics.

Brutus Out
I still like that old time rock and roll.

Seager?(whatever)I can stand but Bruce Springstien I never cared either way. I wouldn't go out of my way to listen to him but might to turn the channel.
Spike Oneil from Seattle radio fame went to his concerts like a dead head. I couldn't understand it.
Drive to Portland or Vancouver BC to spend $100 on that shnit?:confused:
What was this thread about?:eek:
:D

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR