JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Blew out a knee yesterday.

Sprain or strain is the first guess but I've damaged both my knees and will be suprised if I'm not headed for surgery when they redo my X-rays after the swelling is down.

Pain on meds is a 5 at rest and 10++ if I twist it, straighten it or put any weight on it.

Sooooo, y'all may see some strange posts from me because this and the boob tube (hmm no boobs on mine:() are my only entertainment.

Just let me know I offended you or maybe didn't communicate my thoughts well and I'll do my best to quadruple read what I post before posting:D.

So much for my increasing stamina every day - although moving my over weight bum around on sticks winds me so maybe I'll be thinner when I can walk again?.?.? (Fingers crossed).

Was going to try starting a paper route on the 1st so I guess this was a sign to hold out for better work maybe:rolleyes:.

I am NOT looking for sympathy, just giving y'all a heads up and hopefully the core group will keep me in line until I'm off the oxy.

Going without NWFA for a few weeks would be pretty tough.

Blew out a knee yesterday.

Sprain or strain is the first guess but I've damaged both my knees and will be suprised if I'm not headed for surgery when they redo my X-rays after the swelling is down.

Pain on meds is a 5 at rest and 10++ if I twist it, straighten it or put any weight on it.

Sooooo, y'all may see some strange posts from me because this and the boob tube (hmm no boobs on mine:() are my only entertainment.

Just let me know I offended you or maybe didn't communicate my thoughts well and I'll do my best to quadruple read what I post before posting:D.

So much for my increasing stamina every day - although moving my over weight bum around on sticks winds me so maybe I'll be thinner when I can walk again?.?.? (Fingers crossed).

Was going to try starting a paper route on the 1st so I guess this was a sign to hold out for better work maybe:rolleyes:.

I am NOT looking for sympathy, just giving y'all a heads up and hopefully the core group will keep me in line until I'm off the oxy.

Going without NWFA for a few weeks would be pretty tough.

Heck we thought you have been on those meds for a long time:p

Let me tell ya a dumb story. I've had eight knee surgeries.

My last one, a full knee replacement, and I was on a lot of different pain meds. And I watched a lot of TV while I was laid up. The meds caused me some how to be dreaming of, instead of watching, these TV shows. Now two years later, I'm just now watching Daniel Boone, and it's like some kind of weird flash-back.:confused:

Hope your knee gets better on its own.

WAYNO.

Thanks for the concern y'all. Oxy isn't my cup of tea but I'm in some serious pain without it.

I'll be weaning off it ASAP. I normally have a few pills left over when stuff like this happens.

That and I only take enough to take the edge off, I don't like feeling loopy and knowing when I'm doing something wrong is helpful so a big jolt of pain is a good reminder to take it easy - too much pain meds and I forget I'm broken and start doing things I shouldn't which just makes it take longer.

Maybe this will make you feel better Joe?

So her you go. My sob story. ;)

I tore the supraspinatus muscle off the head of my right humorous and had shoulder surgery five weeks ago. Tear was too big for micro surgery so they made a 3'' incision.
They also had to grind down and reshape my bone spur riddled acromion [shoulder] bone. Since this is what caused the tear.

Dang ol' bone spur looked like a shark tooth! It chewed up the top of my humorous and sliced the muscle in-between. Man that hurt! But the sound was worse! Like chicken skin and bubble wrap being torn all at once. :s0140:

I ditched the pain med after two weeks. And just dealt with it. I'm not gona lie. It hurt.:rolleyes:
But hey. Life hurts. Get use to it. With an aging body. It's always gona be something.

I will be able to start to raise my arm in another week [six weeks post surgery] and continue to recover and have some level of pain for a year.

That's too long for any pain meds stronger than Motrin/Tylenol. :D

My ''Top Tips''?

Ice is your friend!!!!!!!!!!!!
And a Tylenol with two Motrin is a great combo for pain.
Better then either alone. ;)

Last Edited:
Thanks Medic:)

Sorry to hear your shoulder was so bad but you are an inspiration and great role model. I try to follow your lead as best I can.

My only wish is that I wasn't carrying an extra 50+ lbs on me right now, but if sweating is good for you then I'm getting in some good excersise every time I get up.

Oh, and Ice is the best thing ever!!!!;) It actually gives me a very calming feeling as it helps with the pain - better then the drugs and I'm not all that loopy so I guess I'm in enough pain to keep it from getting me high.

Both of ya take it easy on that hard chit, do what Medic! says and tyonol and motrun or advil to take the edge off! I had hip replacement surgery last year and am still having pain issues! I know what ya'all are going through, I got some of that Pot Oil that doesn't have the THC in it and man I tell ya, it's a God send for pain! Might send the missus cross the big water into Portland and pick some up! Hope you both get better soon, and take it real easy, don't try doing Man stuff, you will just make it worse! ( trust me, I know) I did, and now I am payin for it!

Maybe this will make you feel better Joe?

So her you go. My sob story [with pictures]. ;)

I tore the supraspinatus muscle off the head of my right humorous and had shoulder surgery five weeks ago. Tear was too big for micro surgery so they made a 3'' incision.
They also had to grind down and reshape my bone spur riddled acromion [shoulder] bone. Since this is what caused the tear.

Dang ol' bone spur looked like a shark tooth! It chewed up the top of my humorous and sliced the muscle in-between. Man that hurt! But the sound was worse! Like chicken skin and bubble wrap being torn all at once. :s0140:

I ditched the pain med after two weeks. And just dealt with it. I'm not gona lie. It hurt.:rolleyes:
But hey. Life hurts. Get use to it. With an aging body. It's always gona be something.

I will be able to start to raise my arm in another week [six weeks post surgery] and continue to recover and have some level of pain for a year.

That's too long for any pain meds stronger than Motrin/Tylenol. :D

My ''Top Tips''?

Ice is your friend!!!!!!!!!!!!
And a Tylenol with two Motrin is a great combo for pain.
Better then either alone. ;)
Dang. Mine were frayed and I'm gladly they didn't come off. One operated on in December the other is still needing love.

@Joe13 if I was closer I'd offer my services if you needed anything.

Yeah my knee has always been meesed up.
Feel bad for you

image.jpeg

Damn Joe, sorry to hear that. I hope for a very quick and hopefully less painful, recovery. We'll keep an eye out for odd posts...speaking of which...

@clearconscience obviously is taking a lighter approach to your dilemma - I just don't know how he got a hold of my x-ray...:rolleyes:

Sometimes a combo of an ice pack followed by a heat pack, repeated a few times is all that can give me some relief! It generally works better than either separately! Good luck with your recovery, Joe!:)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top