JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks Medic:)

Sorry to hear your shoulder was so bad but you are an inspiration and great role model. I try to follow your lead as best I can.

My only wish is that I wasn't carrying an extra 50+ lbs on me right now, but if sweating is good for you then I'm getting in some good excersise every time I get up.

Oh, and Ice is the best thing ever!!!!;) It actually gives me a very calming feeling as it helps with the pain - better then the drugs and I'm not all that loopy so I guess I'm in enough pain to keep it from getting me high.

I started walking 4-5 miles a day again within a week of surgery. It helps.
Wish I could go to the gym and work out my upper body. But it's all lower body exercise [walking] for a couple more months at least.

Exercise is great for pain. [Just don't exercise the part that hurts] The bodies own endorphins are a fantastic pain suppressant. So do whatever you can. ;)

Maybe this will make you feel better Joe?

So her you go. My sob story [with pictures]. ;)

I tore the supraspinatus muscle off the head of my right humorous and had shoulder surgery five weeks ago. Tear was too big for micro surgery so they made a 3'' incision.
They also had to grind down and reshape my bone spur riddled acromion [shoulder] bone. Since this is what caused the tear.

Dang ol' bone spur looked like a shark tooth! It chewed up the top of my humorous and sliced the muscle in-between. Man that hurt! But the sound was worse! Like chicken skin and bubble wrap being torn all at once. :s0140:

I ditched the pain med after two weeks. And just dealt with it. I'm not gona lie. It hurt.:rolleyes:
But hey. Life hurts. Get use to it. With an aging body. It's always gona be something.

I will be able to start to raise my arm in another week [six weeks post surgery] and continue to recover and have some level of pain for a year.

That's too long for any pain meds stronger than Motrin/Tylenol. :D

My ''Top Tips''?

Ice is your friend!!!!!!!!!!!!
And a Tylenol with two Motrin is a great combo for pain.
Better then either alone. ;)
I saw the x ray before i read the post. I KNEW it was somethin to do with the AC bone. ive separated both of mine and broken both clavicals. SUCKS!

JOE FEEL BETTER. drink lots of water with those oxys. every time i take those i cant crap for a week! thanks to miralax it makes things easier!

sorry if TMI!!!

Might be interesting to watch. I was on pain pills for a day or so a couple months ago after I wrenched my ankle doing some firearm photography when the soft ground gave way and I stepped wrong. That night I texted a friend and explained I was on meds. About an hour later I told her I loved her.

Might be interesting to watch. I was on pain pills for a day or so a couple months ago after I wrenched my ankle doing some firearm photography when the soft ground gave way and I stepped wrong. That night I texted a friend and explained I was on meds. About an hour later I told her I loved her, hahahahaha
did it getcha anywhere?:cool: ehhhh??

Dang. Mine were frayed and I'm gladly they didn't come off. One operated on in December the other is still needing love.

@Joe13 if I was closer I'd offer my services if you needed anything.

Thanks man, I appreciate the sentiment and am sure you would;).

I am lucky to have a couple of good friends in town with one that is particularly close so I have someone I can call if my wife needs heavy lifting or well, any lifting lolz:p, so I'm taken care of:cool:.

My daughter gets back from a conference tonight so she can give her mom a bit of a reprieve from being my personal servant, which is the worst (and I guess really the best that she is so insistent that I stay down for a few days) asking for everything.

Thanks for all the well wishes to everyone and the laugh I got when I didn't get the X-ray joke till a few posts later, yay meds!, I was focus in on that right knee and missed everything else:D.

I've already skipped a dose of the pain pills while I slept last night, though I needed one to get to sleep to start.

One of the biggest issues is my little dog likes to be pet with my feet and keeps coming up and pushing into the wrong foot to get attention:confused:, so I'll be good to go if that's it - unfortunately having been in a lot of sports when younger I've had more then my share of knee, ankle, hip and wrist injuries so I'm used to the ice and get off the pain pills as soon as possible routine.

JOE FEEL BETTER. drink lots of water with those oxys. every time i take those i cant crap for a week! thanks to miralax it makes things easier!

sorry if TMI!!!

Already have to take Metamucil daily because of my lack of being able to add much if any fiber in my diet so I'm good to go;). That and the meds are giving me dry mouth so I've been draining glasses of water pretty regularly.

I do appreciate any heads up though always so thank you.

After a few colonoscopies and endoscopies to try and figure out my gut TMI is not even in my vocabulary anymore :p:D:confused:o_O

Already have to take Metamucil daily because of my lack of being able to add much if any fiber in my diet so I'm good to go;). That and the meds are giving me dry mouth so I've been draining glasses of water pretty regularly.

I do appreciate any heads up though always so thank you.

After a few colonoscopies and endoscopies to try and figure out my gut TMI is not even in my vocabulary anymore :p:D:confused:o_O

yeah i had a deal last year where I couldn't go and my left side just was bloated and aching every day.

its odd, about 2-3 years ago i made some lifestyle changes, i lost 30 pounds and still havent found it. i think some of it was from me changing my diet in hopes to be more healthy and exercising literally every day now.

turns out i was super dehydrated. i'll admit i dont drink enough water. after 3 blood tests, a few xrays saying everythings normal and literally hydrating for like a month (and continuing too) i finally got regular again.:D

Knees suck. I took a conical piece of fast moving lead to the outside of my left knee some years back. Took off a piece of the cap, tore the LCL, and pulled the tendon that holds the cap on loose from the shin bone taking a piece of the shin bone with it. Took some doing, but they got it put back together. Laid me up for 6 months. I still limp after a vigorous hump (as in hike, you perverts) if no one's watching.
So I feel your pain. Knees suck.

Let me know if you need anything Joe. If I'm around, I'll see that you get it.

(I struggled to keep it as medical-jargon-free as possible for you medic. I hope you appreciate it).

Back to the oxicodone vs poo!:D
Unfortunately, I have to rely on a lot of oxi so I stuff down as much fruit and vegetables as I can! It gets old, I detest apples and pears, but I enjoy pineapples, figs, citrus so, doable. Still have to take a certain amount of laxative! Joe, it must get especially tough when fiber is such a problem for you!
Again, I urge you to alternate ice/hot packs! My wife retired from Kaiser Pain Management and taught me the technique! Kinda handy for a busted up ol' geezer! ;)

:eek:

Thank you for the restraint:D

I meant how hard I was laughing!
Dangit!

Speaking of going #2.
When I had surgery on my rump I couldn't sit down, was on Oxy and was taking some kind of stool softener. The first time I tried to go and sit down I felt like I ripped my staples out! Sweet heck I almost shot through the ceiling.
I had to poo standing up for a couple weeks.

It took me a month before I could sit down. Went through about 20 Oxys over a couple days and got another 30, but I could tell my body was already addicted. So I just dealt with the pain and went off cold turkey.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top