JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I do not think think this will end anytime soon, if Trump wins in Nov, the lefty commie csuckers will go totaly batbubblegume crazy that ==== more panic buying of bulk ammo in 9mm 5.56 7 x 51, and less production of hunting type ammo, also if covid keeps at it more shut downs etc then that ====a poor supply chain on all things shooting..IF the left wins in Nov, and that is a real possibility as of now, that ==== you can forget about your gun rights just like trudeo did in Canada..there will be tax on tax for the tax of the tax on ammo , slings,gunsmith tools (like Canada)mags of all kinds will me taxed to death, you wont be allowed to own mags that hold more than 3 rounds, all...ALL AR rifles will be banned...All ALL reloading equipment will be heavily taxed and in most cases banned..Handguns, forget it, try and get a CCL it will be like NYC 300 pages of BS paperwork a 1 yr wait and in the end they will tell you to F off.. Buying rifles ammo online it will not happen, I had already said that UPS is thinking about dropping its shipping of ammo to residential areas..if that happens its really only fedex so prices yup going way up....and im sure alot of you cave dwellers are saying im not gunna give up my guns..mute point, you wont be able to buy ammo or go to a range without the proper paperwork, so you will have a useless paperweight in your safe that you cant shoot or sell. It happened in Canada, NZ, Australia just to name a few, however here in America the American Taliban known as the left will not ask nicely they will send in armed agents to take your stuff, who here remembers Ruby Ridge.. they gunned down a young boy a helpless mother, we all looked on and did nothing, I will never let that happen again, im going down in a blaze of glory, lololol, no ill just give up my rights and my stuff, and live in a land where pedos are mayors, illegaels can shoot and kill our citizens and get away with it, junkies can walk around with 30 grams of herion no problem, ...look I know a lot of you dont like Trump..oooooenge man bad..he says mean things, boo hoo, grow up, this is for the life of our nation, if the left wins our nation will change so much so fast you wont believe it. Im not sure if anyone really knows how to fight back? The left controls all media(just like the commie/Nazis)they control all level of education (just like the commie/Nazis), they control all level of local and county and most state governments..just like who??? the commie and Nazis....They don't control or cant control TRUMP..... that's it that is the last line of defense, so if I where you humps i would stock up on ammo and gold, because come nov the TSWHTF, like a brown bear with diarrhea...ok rant over im headed to the range while I still can..have a safe and wonderful weekend. ZOOMZOOM

105414588_1175043422830118_1833096608927723666_n.jpg

Have bought ammo at Oregon Arms & Ammo, and Oregon Rifleworks In the past week. Both had fair prices on what they had in-stock.
Love both of those stores!

Gold is at $1,902, I bought mine at $1,135, am I a gouger if I sell it at today's market price and profit $767 per ounce? I bought my house and land for $279,000 today it's valued at $715,000, should I sell it for the $279,000 I paid? My Colt Gold Cup series 70 I paid $650, and so on and so forth.

My question is this, why is ammo any different in a free market? On the other hand I'm not a fan of folks buying up everything on the shelves just to resell but again, it's a free market. How pissed would everyone be if the government controlled prices on everything we buy and dictated what we sell it at? It's bad enough they (some government folks) want to limit how much ammo you can buy and require an FFL check to make the purchase. Now there is something to get pissed off about!

Moral of the story, when it's cheap stack it deep!

This is my opinion which I am still free to share, if you don't agree with me that is totally ok as I'm always happy to agree to disagree. What a boring life if everyone agreed with everyone else :D

If anyone local to Portland area wants to trade my 9mm brass fmj for 223 with both valued at pre-panic prices, pm me.

That's one way we can make it more sensible. If you have a lot of something and need something else, we can trade locally. Fe I need 223 or 556 and have a lot of 9mm. Thx!

If anyone local to Portland area wants to trade my 9mm brass fmj for 223 with both valued at pre-panic prices, pm me.

That's one way we can make it more sensible. If you have a lot of something and need something else, we can trade locally. Fe I need 223 or 556 and have a lot of 9mm. Thx!
First part of March, brass cased 9mm was $18 per hundred. (BiMart) What was market price on on
5.56/.223?
Best,
Gary

First part of March, brass cased 9mm was $18 per hundred. (BiMart) What was market price on on
5.56/.223?
Best,
Gary
Not sure on 223, yea I think ur right in the ballpark on 9mm. I usually get blazer brass from bi mart on sale for around 17cpr, so 17 cpr is probably a fair pre-panic value for 9mm brass fmj (for me I mean, not implying that is what anyone else should use or thinks is fair value).

Last Edited:
I have a case of this trash in .357. I got it because I figured it would be fine in a revolver, right?
Nope.
The steel expands too much and won't eject til it cools down*... really messes up yer rhythm.

I thought I'd give it a try.
Now I have 950+ rds taking up space.

*This was with a Blackhawk and a Uberti-made gun from Cimmaron. I had a similar problem with my Super Blackhawk (.44) using aluminum cased Blazer. Maybe the cylinder tolerances are tight on Rugers...?

I do not like it in the sun
I do not like it in my gun
I do not like this brand of cartridge,
I'd rather drown in a boiling tarpit
Tula works fine for me in 45ACp, 9mm and of course 7.62x39. Everyone's MMV.

Some prices in the classified ads here seem well kinds gougie.

Then no need to look.

Buyers (and sellers) should be aware of markets.

If something sells, then that's what the market warrants.

If something doesn't sell due to price, then an adjustment should be made by the seller. Or they don't sell it.

It's interesting that very few are up in arms over sellers listing things UNDER market...

Some prices in the classified ads here seem well kinds gougie.

I'm working up a 20 gauge buckshot load. I bought the last bag of #3 shot available in America several weeks ago but it isn't the most consistently sized stuff and I've been looking high and low for something better. Not only can I not find anything better, there's zero #3 or #4 buckshot of any quality to be found on the internet (I'd be very happy to be proved wrong with a link).

If buckshot pricing had taken demand into account, I might be able to get myself a nice single sack of nickle plated accurately sized shot, maybe at double price, but I'd still be able to get it. Instead, there's some guy somewhere with 10 sacks hoarded that he probably won't use in his lifetime.

The fact that something is more expensive now could be a good thing -- it means there will be some left for you if you find yourself wanting some. For example, you could buy a gun next week in a caliber you don't have right now. You'll want some ammo and of course you wouldn't have stocked up on a caliber you had no gun for. The high price is what will make it possible to get that ammo.

Then no need to look.

Buyers (and sellers) should be aware of markets.

If something sells, then that's what the market warrants.

If something doesn't sell due to price, then an adjustment should be made by the seller. Or they don't sell it.

It's interesting that very few are up in arms over sellers listing things UNDER market...
It's kind of telling when a classified ammo poster has two posts total and price is 3x regular rate. That's one I saw here recently. We don't have to buy it of course but those kind of guys are here for one thing only, price gouging.

7 months ammo prices were low . Why didn't people buy ammo then,? Pay the price or don't buy the ammo.

Seven months? Try umpteen years, absolute zero sympathy for people that didn't there act together when they had the chance. The big question was it their last chance...? Pull thy head out, the view and smell is better.

My dad told me tonight that his best friend has 500 rounds of .45 acp he wants to sell. His buddy had a Tommy Gun that he recently sold and doesn't have a .45 acp firearm, so wants to get rid of the ammo.

Dad wanted to know what it was worth. I told him that it is probably worth quite a bit more than what his buddy paid for it. I told him to get the specifics and I'll do some research and see what a fair price would be. His buddy is a retired professor who only owns the best, so I imagine the ammo is probably good stuff.

I have around 400 rounds of .45 acp that I don't currently own a firearm for, so I should get rid of it, but I hate selling guns or ammo since you never know.

With prices this high I'd like to suggest that the shooter limit the number of rounds that you put into the shootee and then dig the slugs out to be used in reloaded ammo. No need to thank me for this sage advice.

My dad told me tonight that his best friend has 500 rounds of .45 acp he wants to sell. His buddy had a Tommy Gun that he recently sold and doesn't have a .45 acp firearm, so wants to get rid of the ammo.

Dad wanted to know what it was worth. I told him that it is probably worth quite a bit more than what his buddy paid for it. I told him to get the specifics and I'll do some research and see what a fair price would be. His buddy is a retired professor who only owns the best, so I imagine the ammo is probably good stuff.

I have around 400 rounds of .45 acp that I don't currently own a firearm for, so I should get rid of it, but I hate selling guns or ammo since you never know.
Buy something in 45 acp ,,, problem solved.

Lets get a list started of businesses in Oregon that are price gouging on ammo right now I'll start.
Was at A Cut Above Pawn today, usually(pre-panic) was a great place to deal with, that has changed.
I was shocked to see they wanted $325 for 500 rounds of Tula 122 grain hp 7.62x39, that is insane, I'm not going to pay that much ever for 7.62x39 .
I know some places are charging a little more for some things, but 7.62x39 even the exact same load can be had elsewhere for less for 1000 rounds!

That price is wild... yesterday i ordered a half case of Brown Bear SKS feed from Sportsman's Guide online for $150.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews