JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I should have bought, and stashed, a bunch of .22LR when it was $.89/50. :( "Stocks", Gold, Phhhht! I could have been rich by now!

Need Ammo_600.jpg

The $1 per round for some brass 5.56 or seeing 40 cents per round on steel. It's crazy!

Capitalism goes both ways I guess?

When will it go down, 18 months? 4.5 years?

Cheaper than Dirt is at over $1/rd 5.56. Nothing special, PMC XTAC 62 gr, (reboxed green tips).

Why CTD keeps sending me email "deals"? No idea. I don't CTD...

But at least they are being "responsible" by limiting to 5 boxes. :rolleyes:

Went for a look on ammoseek, Midway has IMI M855 cases of 1200 at $600. Still absurd, however not $1200++ looney petunia crazy town.

Last Edited:
Cheaper than Dirt is at over $1/rd 5.56. Nothing special, PMC XTAC 62 gr, (reboxed green tips).

Why CTD keeps sending me email "deals"? No idea. I don't CTD...

But at least they are being "responsible" by limiting to 5 boxes. :rolleyes:

Went for a look on ammoseek, Midway has IMI M855 cases of 1200 at $600. Still absurd, however not $1200 looney petunia crazy town.

Pretty funny. A company calling themselves "Cheaper Than Dirt " selling .223 for over a dollar a round. Kind of like a mortuary with a business name of "New Life Services".

Pretty funny. A company calling themselves "Cheaper Than Dirt " selling .223 for over a dollar a round. Kind of like a mortuary with a business name of "New Life Services".

Yah.

CTD is renowned for price doubling in every ammunition / firearms run.

Shortly after Sandy Hook:

D6045C56-13B7-4124-AA64-CF6FE266B548.png

$100 for ONE Pmag...

Last Edited:
This has been discussed all over the internet. There is no such thing as price gouging, there is only market supply and demand.

I am saddened by the lack of understanding by most folks when it comes to how a free market works.

This has been discussed all over the internet. There is no such thing as price gouging, there is only market supply and demand.

I am saddened by the lack of understanding by most folks when it comes to how a free market works.

Oh I get it, and have no problem whatsoever with free market.

I do have a problem with market manipulation & various unsavory business practices. Bait & switch, inventory hold backs, sales on non-instock inventory etc etc. However agree that over the long term, doing such affects their own business.

So as always and in everything, buyer beware.

As an overly simplified example, the midway price I posted up above. Absurd price, IMO, however MOST LIKELY an absurd price was paid by Midway as well thru there market.

However also is current market price.

CTD, most likely & solely IMO was inventory hold back from pre-run up pricing. Simply based upon their reputation. Nothing else. There pricing is DOUBLE standard current market.

Not gouging, simply unscrupulous & unsavory business practice. IMO.

Oh I get it, and have no problem whatsoever with free market.

I do have a problem with market manipulation & various unsavory business practices. Bait & switch, inventory hold backs, sales on non-instock inventory etc etc. However agree that over the long term, doing such affects their own business.

So as always and in everything, buyer beware.

As an overly simplified example, the midway price I posted up above. Absurd price, IMO, however MOST LIKELY an absurd price was paid by Midway as well thru there market.

However also is current market price.

CTD, most likely & solely IMO was inventory hold back from pre-run up pricing. Simply based upon their reputation. Nothing else. There pricing is DOUBLE standard current market.

Not gouging, simply unscrupulous & unsavory business practice. IMO.

We could spend all day discussing market fundamentals and supply chains but sadly I do not think it's worth the effort considering your simplified view of economics.

Given YOUR litmus for what you think is "fair" I think you will be unhappy no matter what regardless of the vendor.

Vote with your dollars and buy elsewhere . Isn't freedom awesome ?

We could spend all day discussing market fundamentals and supply chains but sadly I do not think it's worth the effort considering your simplified view of economics.

You really think he's that far off?

You're spot on, this is a free market, you'll see me say again and again, capitalism goes both ways... but I read his complaints aren't about the economics of supply and demand, it's about the lack of business ethics in regards to the companies who are intentionally manipulating the market, cancelling orders when they realize they can charge more, etc...

Given YOUR litmus for what you think is "fair" I think you will be unhappy no matter what regardless of the vendor.

Vote with your dollars and buy elsewhere . Isn't freedom awesome ?

We sure could discuss at length, however I still stand by a free market. As you mention, vote with ones wallet. Always works well, when folks have a better understanding of whom to deal with and whom NOT TO.

CTD's price on the ammo I posted above is now:

"Our Low Price $24.89"...for 20 rounds of "meh".

It was $22ish earlier when I posted above.

Several hours...are they $2 better now?

Midways price has not changed, and is still in stock. $599 for some reasonably decent green tips. Green tips are still a "meh" IMO, however if that is what one is going with, IMI's are normally decent.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top