JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I brought "home" (storage unit really) a Singer 20U33 3/4 "industrial" sewing machine that can do zigzag and straight stitch.. it's basically a beefed up domestic sewing machine with a clutch motor and heavy duty table and leg... similar in concept to the Sailrite machines but not walking foot and in an industrial tabletop with clutch motor.. it does have a boss for external mount domestic motor if so desired... anyways. I was always planning to change it to a servo motor but looking at the cast iron industrial treadle base, and the fact the 31-15 needs its own tabletop... but will fit the 31-20's table.. I got to thinking... put the 20U33 on the industrial treadle base with the newer tabletop it's in, after removing the clutch motor assembly and other things? Work on 31-15 when I can and test on the 31-20's power table... hm. Choices. Photos will come when I next go to the storage unit, forgot my camera today :s0140:
Man, you sure do talk funny. But I get the gist of the whatever language. :D

Man, you sure do talk funny. But I get the gist of the whatever language. :D
Domestic= home sewing machine, the very common kind you see in stores. Old machines may have motor outside or inside the body, depending on model

Clutch motor=only one speed, on or off, loud and heavy, takes skill to operate. Usually consumes electricity at higher rate than servos

Servo motor= usually can change speed and rpms, quieter and lighter, allows one to go slow. More energy efficient

Treadle base= old old school foot powered system with a giant flywheel and long leather machine belt. Often seen as just decor items with no sewing machine. Doesn't need electricity except maybe for light.

Most industrial sewing machines have a big bottom to go into tables, while the specific model 20U33 is 3/4th of the standard size.. it's closer to what Sailrite company sells for sewing machines, though they sell machines with walking foot (foot moves with fabric while sewing).

The 31-15 and 31-20 are basically the same old school black Singer industrial machines, just they have different bobbin sizes and bobbin related parts are different.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top