JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I brought "home" (storage unit really) a Singer 20U33 3/4 "industrial" sewing machine that can do zigzag and straight stitch.. it's basically a beefed up domestic sewing machine with a clutch motor and heavy duty table and leg... similar in concept to the Sailrite machines but not walking foot and in an industrial tabletop with clutch motor.. it does have a boss for external mount domestic motor if so desired... anyways. I was always planning to change it to a servo motor but looking at the cast iron industrial treadle base, and the fact the 31-15 needs its own tabletop... but will fit the 31-20's table.. I got to thinking... put the 20U33 on the industrial treadle base with the newer tabletop it's in, after removing the clutch motor assembly and other things? Work on 31-15 when I can and test on the 31-20's power table... hm. Choices. Photos will come when I next go to the storage unit, forgot my camera today :s0140:
Man, you sure do talk funny. But I get the gist of the whatever language. :D

Man, you sure do talk funny. But I get the gist of the whatever language. :D
Domestic= home sewing machine, the very common kind you see in stores. Old machines may have motor outside or inside the body, depending on model

Clutch motor=only one speed, on or off, loud and heavy, takes skill to operate. Usually consumes electricity at higher rate than servos

Servo motor= usually can change speed and rpms, quieter and lighter, allows one to go slow. More energy efficient

Treadle base= old old school foot powered system with a giant flywheel and long leather machine belt. Often seen as just decor items with no sewing machine. Doesn't need electricity except maybe for light.

Most industrial sewing machines have a big bottom to go into tables, while the specific model 20U33 is 3/4th of the standard size.. it's closer to what Sailrite company sells for sewing machines, though they sell machines with walking foot (foot moves with fabric while sewing).

The 31-15 and 31-20 are basically the same old school black Singer industrial machines, just they have different bobbin sizes and bobbin related parts are different.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top