JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Checking my inventory of 5.56:

400 223 gold dot sp 55gr
200 223 gd 64 gr
200 223 gd 75 gr
100 223 hornady 55 gr sp
500 223 hornady 55 gr vmax
200 223 hornady 55 gr gmx
400 223 fed 62 gr fusion msr
950 223 black hills 60 vmax
460 xm193 62 gr on stripper clips
90 m193 in 20rd boxes
500 xm 855 55 gr
400 wolf 55 gr fmj
1000 Winchester 55 gr fmj white box
100 Nosler Varmint 40 gr

I'm ok. I would like more specialty ammo (light varmint) and some more of the heavier hunting ammo (70+ gr)
What's the POI difference on all those loads, that would be a potential issue.

Checking my inventory of 5.56:

I'm ok. I would like more specialty ammo (light varmint) and some more of the heavier hunting ammo (70+ gr)
Awww... that's so cute. Amateur!:s0140:

Ya know. If the government is hurting so bad for freedom seeds that they can't release any to the general public... maybe we need to be a bit more patriotic and give some of ours back... the FUN way! :s0085:

(Yawn). Golly gee, another fear button being pushed. Oh me oh my, the sky is falling yet again. Dear Lord, please save us (from ourselves)... :rolleyes:
I trade the stock market. One truism you can bank on is:

The trend is your friend!

Purchase some more ammo now ........................

The heavy Projectiles have a lower MV but higher BC.

I load and shoot from 40gr to 77gr with nominal differences in POI out to 200 yards.
I use a larger caliber for shots past 200 yards because the wind really messes with .224 projectiles.

I trade the stock market. One truism you can bank on is:

The trend is your friend!

Purchase some more ammo now ........................
What happened with ammo prices during the covid financial crisis. You would think people out of work might not have been spending their money on ammo. Instead they cleaned the shelves out everywhere. A supreme court descision, lost elections, etc could be the impetus for renewed rioting and or panic buying.

Last Edited:
Maybe if everyone is hoarding 5.56 and .223, demand on 9mm will go down!
Not sure demand for 9mm is all that high anymore. Just came back from Idaho. Tons of ammo on the shelves. $16/box of 50 (Blazer 115 grain). Not the best ammo in the world, not the best price on 9mm I've ever seen, but not exactly scorching the wallet either.

What happened with ammo prices during the covid financial crisis. You would think people out of work might not have been spending their money on ammo. Instead they cleaned the shelves out everywhere. A supreme court descision, lost elections, etc could be the impetus for renewed rioting.
You nailed it !!!!!!!

I've not tested them yet.

I will probably settle on three loads - light/fast for varmints, medium mass for humans, heavy for hunting. Then once I have the ones I like, that is what I will stock up on when prices return to "normal". For now, I just bought what I could for a decent price. Better to have something than nothing.

5.56x45 is not my primary defensive rifle round.

I am skeptical of the report until I hear further collaboration from more than a single source... It is certainly possible that this is the first accounting of something that is factually correct, but the sheer number of false reporting from left and right puts me in a due diligence mindset...

Also, I stock ammo regardless, so my backside is covered.

I am skeptical of the report until I hear further collaboration from more than a single source... It is certainly possible that this is the first accounting of something that is factually correct, but the sheer number of false reporting from left and right puts me in a due diligence mindset...
Truer words were never spoken...

i like sg ammo. free shipping over200.00. their prices are usually pretty good the free shipping usually does it for me

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top