JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh, also.. What if LE can buy the surplus and then LE auctions it off to raise money for their department?. As well, Outfits like American Reloading who get decommissioned ammo will be able to sell the already disassembled ammo as broken down components.
I still think this could be a win for the reloaders

In a global economy price responses to supply and demand are as responsive to direction changes as an aircraft carrier. I think Amazon can do demand pricing because of size, whereas most physical retailers, even big box stores, can't. Not sure if more responsiveness is better or worse for consumers...probably better for producers in the long run.
I have seen it fairly often at r/gundeals where an item will be posted at a certain price and then somebody post the deal on r/gundeals. Buyers start buying it like crazy and the price jumps. So small businesses can do this as well. Once AI is implemented at grocery store level it will happen there too.

Checking my inventory of 5.56:

400 223 gold dot sp 55gr
200 223 gd 64 gr
200 223 gd 75 gr
100 223 hornady 55 gr sp
500 223 hornady 55 gr vmax
200 223 hornady 55 gr gmx
400 223 fed 62 gr fusion msr
950 223 black hills 60 vmax
460 xm193 62 gr on stripper clips
90 m193 in 20rd boxes
500 xm 855 55 gr
400 wolf 55 gr fmj
1000 Winchester 55 gr fmj white box
100 Nosler Varmint 40 gr

I'm ok. I would like more specialty ammo (light varmint) and some more of the heavier hunting ammo (70+ gr)
Ten-x it and you should be good.

1655396809919.png

Ten-x it and you should be good.

View attachment 1222406
I have about 85K rounds of ammo altogether, a little more centerfire than rimfire. So I think I am ok for now. I am waiting for the prices to return to what I consider normal.

5.56x45 is not the only rifle ammo I have and I am not concerned about a lack of FMJ ammo as I prefer expanding ammo for self-defense.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and state that Larry Keane(Who TF is this guy?) is sitting on a big pile of LC green-tip and 55grainers that he's looking to offload.

Some rando tweet from a guy with only 2k followers doesn't do much for me. Not saying it isn't true, but I'd like to see some more corroborating reports, b4 I start counting my own "Baby needs a new dress" stockp....err...stash.

Whatever.
Ignore the warning signs at your own peril.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....it's a good thing that the storage of a large quantity of ammo is much easier (for the average shooter) vs storing a large quantity of gasoline. FJB

Whatever.
Ignore the warning signs at your own peril.
Sound advice for those that are fairly new to firearm ownership. It's looking to be a rocky road ahead in the near term.

As for those that have been through a few of these 'ammo recessions' already in life, the age old adage: "If you didn't stack 'em deep when it was cheap.. The Little Red Hen is mocking you"

There could be a bright side to this story if it is true. There will be a lot less components consumed by Lake City. If other ammo plants are already at capacity then those components (primers specifically) may become available to reloaders.

(Yawn). Golly gee, another fear button being pushed. Oh me oh my, the sky is falling yet again. Dear Lord, please save us (from ourselves)... :rolleyes:
The retailers need some panic buying right now. Their shelves are stuffed with ammo. The Oregon background check queue was only around 800 last weekend. We need some more riots to get those numbers up.

List of credible places to buy ammo??

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR