JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Apparently not content with its efforts so far to make gun ownership more difficult and expensive for America's 100 million firearm owners, a source tells TTAG that the Biden administration is taking steps to reduce the availability of .223/5.56 ammunition available to the average shooter.

Better git yer orders in boys while this stuff is still available…

Might want to consider reloading components as well, for the future…

Wow, I just ordered 200 rounds and 10 mags on 6/2 for $199.

I'm sorry for this thread drift, but every time I see another panic I can't but help to think about Mr Burns from the Simpsons. Or basically any old political looking guy in the background whispering, "Yessss, buy, buy, buy!"

the-simpsons-mr-burns.gif

The OPs title makes it sound like all Lake City. So far the published stories don't say anything about XM193 or other range ammo options.

Son of a biscuit, this guy truly has horns. This was the year I was going to start going to the range again. Now I am going to have to wait until Pres Trump & VP DeSantis reopen Lake City in 2025.

I think they know how to attack the market. They are either profiting off it OR know how to impact the community by simply mentioning things.

And of course the smooth brain portions of the firearm community are a bunch of knee jerk panic buyers and will go after ALL ammo all over again despite everything else not being currently targeted. Despite things being inflated price wise at least ammo is mostly back on shelves.. cue the fire sales all over again.

All of us "Small government" folks are mad the military (government) may stop selling surplus ammo to us civilians who want that ammo to make sure the same government can't come take away our guns and now my brain is broken. :confused::confused::confused:

And all the stories I can find are all just quoting the exact same copy. Not saying it's not true, just that I would like more than one tweet as a source
Didn't really read but I remember when they closed a lead mine a few years ago everyone thought we'd have to use turkey feathers instead of lead.

Maybe government surplus ammo, but since we don't live in a communist country the free market shoul help us out. Well....maybe, but maybe without surplus ammo on the market to drive prices lower...oh who knows!

All I know is that 9mm should be back to .15 to .20 pr and I think ammo producers f$%&^&g us is the new normal.

Maybe government surplus ammo, but since we don't live in a communist country the free market shoul help us out. Well....maybe, but maybe without surplus ammo on the market to drive prices lower...oh who knows!

All I know is that 9mm should be back to .15 to .20 pr and I think ammo producers f$%&^&g us is the new normal.
We should be glad the brick and mortar stores don't have demand pricing at the shelf level like Amazon and others do. I imagine that is coming one day once the shelves have digital price displays built in. That will save a lot of labor having to update shelf price tags.

In a global economy price responses to supply and demand are as responsive to direction changes as an aircraft carrier. I think Amazon can do demand pricing because of size, whereas most physical retailers, even big box stores, can't. Not sure if more responsiveness is better or worse for consumers...probably better for producers in the long run.

well wouldn't that mean there will be 30% less components going into Lake City? So 30% more raw materials, primers, powder, metals, etc. flowing to other manufacturers and potentially to those who sell said components. Winchester isn't in the business of making ammo they can't sell. I think this will have less impact than he thinks. Maybe I'm wrong. Seems foolish though

Checking my inventory of 5.56:

400 223 gold dot sp 55gr
200 223 gd 64 gr
200 223 gd 75 gr
100 223 hornady 55 gr sp
500 223 hornady 55 gr vmax
200 223 hornady 55 gr gmx
400 223 fed 62 gr fusion msr
950 223 black hills 60 vmax
460 xm193 62 gr on stripper clips
90 m193 in 20rd boxes
500 xm 855 55 gr
400 wolf 55 gr fmj
1000 Winchester 55 gr fmj white box
100 Nosler Varmint 40 gr

I'm ok. I would like more specialty ammo (light varmint) and some more of the heavier hunting ammo (70+ gr)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top