JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Welp, Brandon did it to us good this time, mandating the addition of MORE ethanol to our automotive fuel, bringing a host of major issues with it!
The U. S Coast Guard has issued a warning to all boaters, not only to NOT purchase gasoline containing more then 10% Ethanol, but that it's also illegal under Fed. Law to use it on the water! In many parts of the country, you cannot buy non ethanol fuel as it is, so there will be NO choice but to park the boats over the summer and beyond!
In addition, the Biden Adm. ordering the increase in Ethanol content will likely cause very costly damage to not only our boat engines, but any/all engines not rated for more then 10% ethanol, so basically NOTHING is safe now! Note, even E-85 compliant automobile and marine engines cannot handle the additional ethanol, let alone small gas engines, and damage will certainly occur, not only voiding any warranty, but in many cases, will leave those most financially insecure with out their automobiles at a time of greater need! THANKS BRANDON!

As most here know, I have my own airplanes, and while we haven't been forced out of our LL-100 Av-Gas yet, that day will come soon, and with Brandon running the big show, it's likely to come sooner then any one will be ready. My own Aircraft are both MOGAS ( Automotive fuel) rated, I.E. the fuel systems of both can handle a certain amount of E-85 type fuel with out damage, BUT, we do not know what the administration might be planning ( Against the advice/recommendations of the FAA and NTSB) or when they will drop this all in our laps, effectively destroying a signiffigent quantity of civil aviation. Expect to see lots of small aircraft for sale soon, nobody knows what the Feds are going to change or when, and there has been no official word on what type of fuel we will be able to get or when, so it's going to be very costly to a bunch of folks to have to wait until we know what and when, and then the mad scramble to do the conversions needed, or simply stop flying and sell it all off at a loss! There has been lots of scuttlebutt around the LL-100 situation, and it's looking more then likely that Brandon will mandate the change over with out due consideration of cause and effect upon the aviation community, they simply don't care!

Rant Off!

The worst part is that plant alcohol is far less efficient, more expensive and worse for the planet, and we've known this for years. It's pure politics.

The worst part is that plant alcohol is far less efficient, more expensive and worse for the planet, and we've known this for years. It's pure politics.

Yup! Sometime around 2013 ( IIRC) there was a BIG E.P.A. study report that showed how bad Ethanol is when burned in engines.
To 'Splain it as simply as I can, Alcohol and all it's variants produce much lower BTU's ( Heat) when burned or combusted, that means less power for normal piston engines. To make it work ( I.E. Equal power) you need very high compression ratios, AND, you need More of that fuel to compensate, none of this is very good for normal street driven cars and trucks, they will not last very long. Also, Alcohol really likes high temps, not the normal ambient temps we humans like, the hotter the air going into the engine, the better the alcohol runs.

So, why is this so dirty and bad for the environment? To put it simply, when you supplement alcohol into your fuel, you not only generate less BTU's and less power, you actually need more gas to compensate for that loss of power, which not only produces lower fuel efficiency, but increases the carbon output by a pretty substantial amount. What's worse, the alcohol is corrosive and it's a "Dry" fuel, in that it has ZERO lubricating properties, so it's washing down your cylinders of their micro thin layer of protective oil, which not only increases friction, but also produces far higher internal temps which are far harder to counter. It's especially bad for the fuel system, in that it's corrosive, requiring ether specially coated lines, pumps, filters and such, or stainless steel, which adds to the cost and complexity of the systems. Any one with an older carbureted auto that has ran this blend knows all too well the head aches of having to dissemble and clean the carb after just a few gallons of fuel, not to mention normal rubber fuel lines that were used cannot handle the alcohol blend and will break down and cause leaks which can lead to fires!

Correct me if you guys can find it, but I remember some time after the big E.P.A. report that the Feds were supposed to outlaw the Alcohol blends outright, combined with the serious warranty claims against the auto manufactures who tried to sue the gov and states for forcing the continued use. I know it didn't happen because the feds doubled down and demanded E-85 compliance not too long after, which is essentially the gov mandated blend formula!

Now, ask me how well the D.E.F. fluid is screwing us all over, and leading to serious warranty claims against the manufactures when those systems go wonky, or the fact that we are now required to run the Exhaust Juice or else! It doesn't do anything what the feds promised, and causes serious safety issues and shortened engine life! I had to completely dissemble my DEF system and make it non functional ( But still in place), then basically illegally copy the engine ECU minus the DEF code, and re flash the ECU to run as normal and show the DEF as active and fully functional! It was far cheaper to "Hack" the system and do all that then to replace any one single component in that DEF system should it fail, which it already had, TWICE, to the tune of $1500 per part each time! My Fuel systems on the aircraft both had to be custom made out of stainless steel ( which is SUPER expensive, and very hard to find any shop to make any of it) so I bought the tools and made them my self. The pumps and filters had to be special ordered from an "Automotive" supplier, as no civil aircraft parts supplier will make them and sell them to civilians, only to certified shops or big OEM aero companies! Doesn't matter that i'm Experimental, they don't care! The Gov strikes yet again!

pretty amazing really. He literally has the talent to turn everything he touches into crap
And what truly amazes, and totally SUCKS? Is looking around, listening, and seeing the people of a place like portland Or. just walking around and living their lives like everything's just hunky-dory! :s0125::s0076: WTH?

This is nuts, up until this point Carter was the worst modern President ever. However, Carter was simply a bad inept President. The Biden administration, democrats, are purposely destroying America. Here we are months later and Biden hasn't done a thing about oil, loves to blame Putin. Solution? Release more oil from the strategic reserves, which does nothing other than very temporarily lower gas by a few cents and puts this country is a dangerous position if we actually need that oil.

The other solution? Mandate ethanol blended gas, which gets worse gas millage causing people to buy even more expensive gas. Who the hell comes up with this stuff? The solution to high gas prices is to force people to buy even more of it!

We'll see this November how blind people really are, or how good Democrats have gotten at cheating.

Last Edited:
Why is no one mentioning that we are mandating using food crops (corn) to replace (inefficiently) petroleum products while there is a huge food shortage looming?

I am hard pressed to think of a better way to break down modern society. It makes one wonder. o_O

Why is no one mentioning that we are mandating using food crops (corn) to replace (inefficiently) petroleum products while there is a huge food shortage looming?

I am hard pressed to think of a better way to break down modern society. It makes one wonder. o_O
I think we're past wondering. You just can't chalk all of this up to incompetence anymore.

edit:sp

Last Edited:
It's pretty simple actually. By destroying the IC engines in the US, you can push EV sales through the roof. Now if only he has a plan to generate enough electricity for all the new electric cars hitting the road next year. :s0092:

Sadly I am starting to think this can NOT possibly all be incompetence. While I doubt Brandon even knows from day to day what it being done whoever is making choices can't be this stupid. I guess its needed. People need to feel some pain for the choices they make.:(
You put the clown up front to run cover for you. Everyone is focused on Biden, who is at the end of his career. He's disposable as are Harris and Pelosi. They have lots of cannon fodder to use up. Seems like they're going to need it as the covers are getting peeled back.

1654799518400.png

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads