JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like trigger therapy too. My finger is getting itchy though...

003-16.jpg

However, Troy sold it later after missing a big mule deer buck because the rifle "was a poor shooter"....;)
Seems to me that the rifle was better off without the "poor shooter". Hopefully "Troy" either gave up hunting or started practicing.

In my case, my friend knew once I sighted in his gun, it was all on him. The last time I sighted it in I brought it back to him with a target that had three holes, nicely centered in the target with 2 shots touching and the 3rd just a 1/2" away. He looked at the target and said, "If I can't kill with this, I should quit hunting".:D

Seems to me that the rifle was better off without the "poor shooter". Hopefully "Troy" either gave up hunting or started practicing.

In my case, my friend knew once I sighted in his gun, it was all on him. The last time I sighted it in I brought it back to him with a target that had three holes, nicely centered in the target with 2 shots touching and the 3rd just a 1/2" away. He looked at the target and said, "If I can't kill with this, I should quit hunting".:D

We found out the 338WM was just too much of a good thing for Troy. He's more of a 270 win shooter. He also loves his 22-250 and does a good job shooting deer with that cartridge..

Awesome, I love pictures like these. Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!

I was dialing in my African big game rifle after changing scopes and this is how I liked it zeroed. Please excuse me if you've seen this picture a time or 2:

This is 2 different targets. One where I made adjustments to zero and the other a 10 shot group for chits and giggles:
IMG_0586_zpsf2f9c40f.jpg
IMG_0583_zps9d3614f8.jpg

Awesome, I love pictures like these. Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!

I was dialing in my African big game rifle after changing scopes and this is how I liked it zeroed. Please excuse me if you've seen this picture a time or 2:

This is 2 different targets. One where I made adjustments to zero and the other a 10 shot group for chits and giggles:
View attachment 337205
View attachment 337206

Nice shooting. Those CZ can be can accurate. Was that 100 yards ?
My group w the CCI blazers was with my CZ 452 American.

Thanks, yep it was 100 yards on the nose... I glass bed that CZ to make it shoot a little better, but other than that it was pretty awesome... Good enough to put meat in the freezer:

1118120922_zps51f9790f.jpg

The main reason for wanting your rifle to be zeroed in. That way if you miss, you know it wasn't your equipment's fault....;)

Good luck with it switchblade. Do you have a good solid rest for that AR? That makes a big difference when shooting for groups. Even some good sandbags work well if positioned properly... Sometimes getting an AR propped up on bags can be a pain...

30gr lil'Gun 300 Rem JHP Small.jpg With my AR's I use a laser cartridge to set my scope to center and 1 1/2" high at 25 yards. Then I fire a group at
50 yards. From there on, the adjustments are only up, or down. I like BIG Bullets:p

Last Edited:
No larger than 2.5" grouping after first shot. I think its ok for new rifle, scope, and zeroing in @ 50 yards. I guess I can only get better. We'll see in a few days when I try for 100 yards!

View attachment 337223

Good job ! A good rest and ammo your AR likes helps as well. Repeat hold and trigger pull. Your on your way. Your 4x will limit you somewhat but your groups will improve.

Good luck with it switchblade. Do you have a good solid rest for that AR? That makes a big difference when shooting for groups. Even some good sandbags work well if positioned properly... Sometimes getting an AR propped up on bags can be a pain...
I used a cheapo Caldwell rest so I had to re-adjust alot. I need to tighten it up with some shims and weld a different bung in it for the arm elevation, and then I think it will be solid as a rock, and improve those groupings. It actually felt like it was made for an AR. I posted I have it on my coffee table right now, drawing up improvements.
20170122_140518.jpg

I use the Old Sheet of Paper taped to to the wall trick! I use a level to mark the horizontal line ( red sharpy), and plumb vertically from that to get my vertical line. Then I sight down the barrel at just a few inches away from the paper and line the rifles bore up to point where both lines intersect and using a fine tip sharpy ( black) I carefully center a dot, This is my bore center line, Next I sight through the scope and do the same thing with the center marks of the scope. Again If every thing is mechanically correct, the vertical line should line up with the scope, I then use a sharpy to mark the scope center line, this is my bore to scope offset. If I set/leave the scope mechanically zeroed, but otherwise unadjusted, I find most high power rifles will impact very close to P.O.A. at 100 yards. I can then fine tune to my rifles mechanical zero from there, or decide what zero I wish to set it at. Takes a little time to do this, but works as good as any other method, and better then most gunshop set ups!

Bi mart will yet but for some reason they cant do AR 15's

Too black and evil!!!:cool:

A family friends uncle passed away, and she gave me a couple of his scopes and a collamator set for any caliber. I've found I like it! It will easily put me on paper at 50yds, the most convenient distance at my club, and it only takes a couple of minutes to use since the rifle is already in the rifle vise from installing the scope.

Last Edited:
1) Pull the upper off the lower and remove the bolt and carrier
2) Place upper on stable surface pointed at something unique and recognizable some distance away.
3) Sight down the barrel at this object/place and remember it.
4) Without moving the upper sight through and adjust your scope crosshairs/dot until they are centered on the same spot.

Tada, you're boresighted enough to be on paper at 50 yards....for free.
Chicken dinner winner ^^^

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads