JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"Bonney Lake resident Tobin Panton, 41, was sentenced Friday for the Nov. 3 death of his neighbor, Linda Green. Panton shot at a fleeing car thief, and hit Green as she slept in her home nearby instead. "

Bonney Lake man who shot at car thief is sentenced for death of neighbor he hit instead

"Judge Timothy Ashcraft settled on a high-end sentence of eight years, six months in prison for Panton — which is what deputy prosecutor Erika Nohavec asked for. He previously pleaded guilty to first-degree manslaughter in Green's death. "

8 years is too short.
Maybe he'll get more time for the bullets found in other neighbors homes.
" A bullet was found in the living room of another neighbor."

Sentencing is less for murder then dealing drugs.

8 years is actually more then average for this imo.

I've seen as little as 4-5 years for accidental muders.

25-life mandatory for dopers for most cases.

Priorities seem a bit skewed to me, but that's what you get when you privatize prisons...:(

Last Edited:
And that's why do don't discharge your firearm over a property crime. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. :rolleyes:

Priorities seem a bit skewed to me, but that's what you get when you privatize prisons...:(
There is no such thing as an accidental murder.
A charge of manslaughter is acceptable as it wasn't intentional.
Privatized prisons are in no way responsible for drug crimes having long sentences.

Considering vehicular homicide is usually 48 to 60 months, I think he got a pretty stiff sentence for a negligent homicide in WA.

No one in WA gets 25 years for drug crimes.

He blew it. Big time. Fired at a moving vehicle and killed someone in the process? Yeah. Sharing a cell with Bubba for a while.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top