JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
NRA to meet with Biden Thursday
:s0131:

Pushing forward with the Obama administration’s gun control agenda, Vice President Joe Biden will reportedly meet with representatives from the National Rifle Association on Thursday, according to The Hill.

<broken link removed>

Watch the NRA bashers come out of the woodwork on this one....

Im sure Biden will use the authoritarian leftist chicago thug-like tacts of threatening the NRA with tax audits, bad press, and attacks from code pink if they dont knuckle under and rubber stamp some form of "reasonable" gun control like magazine restrictions. This isnt the politics of the JFK or Reagan era. These are hardcore, authoritarian thugs who would murder kids or let women get raped as long as it furthered a political agenda. Stalinists all. Leftists love rape and murder.

<broken link removed>

That was a lot of words to not say much.

Im sure Biden will use the authoritarian leftist chicago thug-like tacts of threatening the NRA with tax audits, bad press, and attacks from code pink if they dont knuckle under and rubber stamp some form of "reasonable" gun control like magazine restrictions. This isnt the politics of the JFK or Reagan era. These are hardcore, authoritarian thugs who would murder kids or let women get raped as long as it furthered a political agenda. Stalinists all. Leftists love rape and murder.

It amazes me mods have let these kind of posts go for so long.

Unreal.

Personally I think Obama is in a very sticky situation.

Last time there was an AWB the Dems got thrown out in the next mid terms. And that was in '94 before the internet, and the ability to share information, was what it is today. There is less support for gun control now than there was then. There is a higher percentage of gun owners now, then there was then. And there has been a trend in legislation that has been a steady "Pro-Gun" swing since then.

I think Obama knows that any success or attempt at passing gun control will be the end of whatever Democratic power they have right now. He's trying to do things that will create votes for the Democrats for decades to come. Passing gun control, especially extreme gun control, ensures he'd be dealing with a republican house AND senate in two years, and pretty much guarantees a republican president in 2016.

But he can't act like he's going to do nothing about gun control cause he'll upset his own people.

Which is why he's handed it off to the bumbling Vice President to handle. It "looks" like he's doing something about it, but really he's hoping he'll fumble the ball, and then he can blame the failure on him.

He promised new gun control laws by the end of the month. It's already the 9th (in all practicality) and they haven't even introduced anything. Senator Mitch McConnell says no gun control for at least three months.

"Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell says federal spending and the country's debt will dominate the congressional agenda for the next three months," the AP reports. "The debate about potential gun legislation in the wake of the Connecticut school shooting will take a back seat."

Three months from now it will be a different climate/mood on this topic.

The Anti's will still be anti and the righties will still be righties, but the ones in the middle will feel less pressure. And quite frankly.. people will be tired of hearing about it.

I don't think anything will come from this.

Greaaat, Another Count. ""Greetings it is I the Count. They call me the Count because I love to count things." "Ah... ah... ah!"

Thanks, I needed that this afternoon! Damm funny.

I'm sure he'll learn as much from them, as Piers Morgan does from his pro-gun debates. Not a bubblegumming thing. All we will see is a big knee jerk response while the emotional outrage is still burning. No common sense, no discussion, no facts, just a big push for the big anti-freedom 2nd amendment killing score,,,

There are a few good posts in this thread some would be well served to read.

<broken link removed>

So you're citing a plea by the site admin calling for 2A outreach to fellow citizens to criticize a poster for calling out the regime for being a thugocracy?

If you haven't noticed yet, the regime is pretty much totally detached from the people at this point.

NRA to meet with Biden ThursdayWatch the NRA bashers come out of the woodwork on this one....

The NRA deserves a good bit of watching closely. But, they are the biggest player on our side even if they are not always 100% alligned with my personal point of view.

It is totally wise for the NRA to meet. It is totally wise to agree to discuss everything. It is totally wise for the NRA to carefully and cautiously examine every option put forth.

Then hopefully things will cool down and wiser heads may prevail. History shows gun control is rarely a political winner in the US of A. But, looking uncaring is even worse. Gotta play the game here since we live in a political system where it is essential to work with a wide variety of varied interests.

Personally, I would rather they have to deal with GOA. But, maybe the NRA does right here and gets encouragement to train a lot more people. If we see that, it is a win and we could do much worse.

For Biden, meeting with the NRA is just window dressing for this process. Then, he can say "see - I met with gun rights proponents and just couldn't come to an agreement". No constructive dialogue, new ideas or modification of proposed legislation will come of it. It's just checking the box.

For Biden, meeting with the NRA is just window dressing for this process. Then, he can say "see - I met with gun rights proponents and just couldn't come to an agreement". No constructive dialogue, new ideas or modification of proposed legislation will come of it. It's just checking the box.

Thinking you might be right. I'm sure some phrase similar to "They weren't willing to compromise." will be used too.

The NRA has an opportunity to show gun owners that it actually understands the 2A, or not. Their past performence in 1934, 1968 and 1986 did nothing for me to support them. They did ok after 1994, but they still have not shown me that they truly understand..."shall not be infringed"

Hopefully, Biden will be wearing his Depends. After four years of only talking to Democrats, it might be quite a shock to his system to talk to real men.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top