JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pshaw, poser. Everybody knows McClane tossed Hans off a building... :p
Not so!

Hans broke through the glass wall subsequent to getting capped. He fell after John released the clasp on his wife's new watch.

Then it was

EDE26CCD-50E5-4D5C-98FF-CC93F3ED623E.jpeg

Went to the public range today in Northern Idaho w my nephew & GF. Wore my soft armor over my shirt. Went to the 100 range for Saturday plinking.

A RSO teaching a conceal carry class bumbled through the bench area as we were setting up. He called me aside to chat. He said why are you wearing body armor? I said, becaus I'm training and we're at a gun range? Is it not okay? He said they like to keep things "family friendly", they don't want anyone to be intimidating 🤣 he also asked if I was police or military. He said he was for 35 years and had to wear body armor, but doesn't now.

Is body armor not family friendly? Should you not wear your vest to the range? If not, where should you wear it?

Am I doing this wrong? Or did I just encounter a range Karen? 🤔 never had a problem / question at other ranges.

- Internet Operator
Man u could have some fun with this guy. Maybe show up with a shopping cart stuffed full of rifles and ammo. He would absolutely lose it. Bring weapons with muzzle brakes that look like suppressors. Magazines taped together with duct tape for "maximum tactical advantage". Wear several bandoliers. Go way over the top with "safety": Huge, obnoxious chamber flags, blaze orange safety clothing underneath fluorescent safety vest. Safety glasses under safety goggles. Safety whistle. Hard hat. Oh man you could get rich on the "reality TV" YouTube videos... :p

Man u could have some fun with this guy. Maybe show up with a shopping cart stuffed full of rifles and ammo. He would absolutely lose it. Bring weapons with muzzle brakes that look like suppressors. Magazines taped together with duct tape for "maximum tactical advantage". Wear several bandoliers. Go way over the top with "safety": Huge, obnoxious chamber flags, blaze orange safety clothing underneath fluorescent safety vest. Safety glasses under safety goggles. Safety whistle. Hard hat. Oh man you could get rich on the "reality TV" YouTube videos... :p
My luck I'd get all that set up and he wouldn't be there. :rolleyes:

Our range requires body armor be worn by anyone running around holding targets for our "Looter Shoot Tuesdays"....
.... other than that, we don't have a dress code other than "pants required".
:s0092:

Next time, say you like how they rub on your nipples, look a bit too long into his eyes and subtly lick your lips.

If it's not against the rules, it's fine. Dude needs to get off his own dick. I'd laugh at you a bit on the inside, though I'd never consider telling you how to dress. And frankly, it's probably wise to shoot in armor once in a while anyway if you own some. Changes body geometry

Went to the public range today in Northern Idaho w my nephew & GF. Wore my soft armor over my shirt. Went to the 100 range for Saturday plinking.

A RSO teaching a conceal carry class bumbled through the bench area as we were setting up. He called me aside to chat. He said why are you wearing body armor? I said, becaus I'm training and we're at a gun range? Is it not okay? He said they like to keep things "family friendly", they don't want anyone to be intimidating 🤣 he also asked if I was police or military. He said he was for 35 years and had to wear body armor, but doesn't now.

Is body armor not family friendly? Should you not wear your vest to the range? If not, where should you wear it?

Am I doing this wrong? Or did I just encounter a range Karen? 🤔 never had a problem / question at other ranges.

- Internet Operator
The problem is with the O portion of RSO, they think any behavior from them is acceptable because they are an OFficor.. 🤪

Didnt read the whole thread... but looks like were all pretty much in agreement this dudes out of line. I personally have only worn armor on the civilian range when doing team movement drills on a closed range, but with "families" handling firearms around you its NOT unreasonable to want to wear at least some level of protection.

i feel like an appropriate response would be "yea, its the family atmosphere that makes me want to wear armor." In other words, i dont trust that 8 year old nor his fudd father with a .38 revolver anywhere near me

unless theres a range rule against it, id politely tell the RSO to mind his own goddamn business.

Didnt read the whole thread... but looks like were all pretty much in agreement this dudes out of line. I personally have only worn armor on the civilian range when doing team movement drills on a closed range, but with "families" handling firearms around you its NOT unreasonable to want to wear at least some level of protection.

i feel like an appropriate response would be "yea, its the family atmosphere that makes me want to wear armor." In other words, i dont trust that 8 year old nor his fudd father with a .38 revolver anywhere near me

unless theres a range rule against it, id politely tell the RSO to mind his own goddamn business.
Yea, but if this guy is a nut who thinks he is "the boss" you could only imagine what his response would be...

Yea, but if this guy is a nut who thinks he is "the boss" you could only imagine what his response would be...
RSO typically has the full support of the range committee and are godlike in range authority - im definitely not suggesting getting crappy with him. "Politely" tell him to mind his own business ought to look something like, and said with a friendly tone of voice and smile, "i understand the concern - but i have to put my personal safety above the notion. Thanks!"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top