JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got the "federal law requires that you carry copies of your ATF form 4's with you when you have your silencers with you" speil a while back. This RSO was all high and mighty because he was former law enforcement and I was just a shipyard worker. He didn't know a damn thing about gun control law and was unwilling to learn. After talking to the club, they say they will never ask for proof of registration for any firearm there. The RSO didn't care that ATF form 4's are not used to register form 1 cans. :)

I got the "federal law requires that you carry copies of your ATF form 4's with you when you have your silencers with you" speil a while back. This RSO was all high and mighty because he was former law enforcement and I was just a shipyard worker. He didn't know a damn thing about gun control law and was unwilling to learn. After talking to the club, they say they will never ask for proof of registration for any firearm there. The RSO didn't care that ATF form 4's are not used to register form 1 cans. :)
Or the fact that he as a civilian has 0 authority to demand to see such form regardless and can go pound sand.

I wore my plate carrier (absent mags) playing tennis several times on the local courts. A lot of people just see it as a workout vest with weight. Sure helps you know how you can move in it after you have ran a little back and forth in it.

Thank you everyone for the feedback. I'm happy to hear I wasn't committing a faux pas, just protecting my organs and exercising my kit.

It's a state owned public range. Next time maybe I'll try with full battle rattle and see what they say 😂 overt plates, battle belt, Ghillie & mich 😂😂😂 🌲 in the future I'll be sure to check the range dress code
Next time put on a ballistic punisher mask!

7B71BA10-11AD-4A7A-B3A4-342FFAFA0AB5.jpeg

Good chance the RSO was just using the body armor as an excuse to evaluate your head space. It's the whole oregon plates in the parking lot thing that probably had him on alert and suspecting your purpose in Idaho is to spread portlands china mutation virus in a red state. :s0062:

Also look closer because there's some subtle funny there that's easy to miss.
Too drunk to notice... :rolleyes:

Unless you're referring to her dress "poofing" up...
Or the "blast wave" rustling the shower curtain... :s0140:

Last Edited:
Public ranges only need four rules. Any more than that just causes confusion, and unnecessary conflict, as people have a hard enough time just following those. That is the reason BA is prudent at public ranges if one has it, and has no other safer place to shoot.

Public ranges only need four rules. Any more than that just causes confusion, and unnecessary conflict, as people have a hard enough time just following those.
Well, I would argue that there needs to be a "few more" than just the Divine Four...

How about:
1) No handling of firearms during cold range (hey, I've seen it happen)
2) No going downrange during hot range (hey, I've seen it happen - or at least they started to) :rolleyes:
3) No firing of rifle or centerfire pistol cartridges on the rimfire plinking range (hey, I've seen it happen - those targets aren't made to stand up to that kind of firepower)
4) No incendiary, tracer, or explosive rounds (hey, I've seen it happen - my range is in EWA, where it gets hot and dry in the summer - there's at least one range fire every year cuz some knucklehead fires tracers or incendiaries)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top