JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking for suggestions on wood stock protection for my rifles, but also for a guitar headstock where I just applied a waterslide decal. I'm hoping something like the Birchwood Casey waxes/oils can be brushed/rubbed on indoors where the humidity is a lot lower ( non toxic) and be used for both rifles and guitars.
The guitar in question has a maple headstock with clear satin nitro finish, so I want to coat it and make sure the decal stays put without radically altering the look of the wood.

I used their stain on a maple Marlin .22 stock I refinished. I think (IIRC) I used carnauba floor wax for the finish. I was a poor E-4 and cheap back then. It seems to have held up well in the 40+ years, but the rifle hasn't been used much.

I use BirchwoodCasey stock was as mold release when epoxy bedding pistol grips. Also any time I want to epoxy fit something and get it apart.
I also use it for wiping down entire rifles, not just the stock. Does seem to have a limited life but seems to work better than an oily rag.
I don't use it on parkerizing; that gets plenty of oil.

Joe

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR