JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Walgreens took over the bi-mart pharmacies. my dad is dealing with the clusterflock it created in Prineville.
They will move into some rural Bi-Mart locations and the rest of Bi-Marts inventory with be moved to other Walgreens. I have heard recent rumors that Walgreens was scrapping the idea of moving into any Bi-Mart locations at all.

I was in Bi-Mart on 172nd and Powell and they had a sign in the now empty gun case that read "Bi-Mart is no longer selling handguns in "THIS" store. I used to buy a lot of ammo from them. No Hair. I'll go elsewhere.
You won't buy reasonably priced ammo at BiMart, because they stopped selling handguns, because the city of potland and the state of Oregon won't apprehend, try, convict, throw in jail criminal, scum of the earth, thieves?
o_O

And what does having no hair have to do with anything? ;)

You won't buy reasonably priced ammo at BiMart, because they stopped selling handguns, because the city of potland and the state of Oregon won't apprehend, try, convict, throw in jail criminal, scum of the earth, thieves?
o_O

And what does having no hair have to do with anything? ;)
More good ammo deals for us

Interesting. I didn't know Bi-Mart ever sold handguns. They have always been pretty conservative with what they've offerred (e.g. hunting rifles and such). The most controversial rifle I ever saw them sell was the Ruger Mini-14, but never ARs. I know the Fred Meyer in Bend briefly sold handguns, but that didn't last long.
my neighborhood fred meyer (hollywood) in Portland growing up had an awesome gun counter, and bimart has had AR15s, historically both stores have had firearms of all kinds.

I was in Bi-Mart on 172nd and Powell and they had a sign in the now empty gun case that read "Bi-Mart is no longer selling handguns in "THIS" store. I used to buy a lot of ammo from them. No Hair. I'll go elsewhere.
I wouldn't boycott them over that, I'd write my elected officials and ask what they intend to do about the crime rates.

I wouldn't boycott them over that, I'd write my elected officials and ask what they intend to do about the crime rates.
:s0140:

Where do you live? Not potland I figure.

Wifey talked to the gal that works at our BiMart and she said there were three stores that quit selling handguns. Halsey and 122nd, 172nd and Powell and Hogan Drive in Gresham.
Can't say I blame them.

I was at the Sandy BiMart and observed them ask another customer to hold a drivers license to check out a pistol. The clerk said it was because there was a theft at a Portland store. The Woodstock BiMart also had the handguns not available. It sucks for sure but without any reasonable response from law enforcement, I'm not sure what they can do.

Went to the 172nd & Powell location this morning for a red dot. Typically, the clerk goes to the back, grabs one that's boxed up and hands it to you. I get there, looked at it and told her I would take it. After waiting about 7 minutes or so for her to come back, with about 3 more customers waiting behind me, she comes back empty handed. As I am giving her this confused look, she says, "it's up front in check out #1 for you".

1st, I am thinking, "really? Customer's can no longer walk a cheap optic up to the front?"
2nd, I am thinking, "why didn't you come get me and walk it up with me?"
3rd, I am thinking, "is that a new rule too, or was that employee discretion/ choice?"

I said none of this out loud of course. Would rather just purchase and leave quickly, so I did.

info/ small rant over.

Some gun stores where I have lived would ask you for your driver's license before handing over a gun for you to "look" at.
They would look at the DL pic to match it with the potential dirtbag standing in front of them and then place it out of reach of the DB before handing any guns over to them, only one at a time.
They did that to every customer regardless if they knew them so they could not be accused of being stereotyping.
I'm not sure why that store had that policy, maybe they had been "robbed" by grabbers before.
I know it was not the law...

I'm not suggesting stores start doing this, just as a stop gap for BiMart to continue to sell guns in sketchy arera stores.
jmo,
I'd have them strap on a stun girdle is why I'm not in the gun selling business.

Went to the 172nd & Powell location this morning for a red dot. Typically, the clerk goes to the back, grabs one that's boxed up and hands it to you. I get there, looked at it and told her I would take it. After waiting about 7 minutes or so for her to come back, with about 3 more customers waiting behind me, she comes back empty handed. As I am giving her this confused look, she says, "it's up front in check out #1 for you".

1st, I am thinking, "really? Customer's can no longer walk a cheap optic up to the front?"
2nd, I am thinking, "why didn't you come get me and walk it up with me?"
3rd, I am thinking, "is that a new rule too, or was that employee discretion/ choice?"

I said none of this out loud of course. Would rather just purchase and leave quickly, so I did.

info/ small rant over.
I have to think that if you don't know why #1 is then you must have been in a cave, out of town for ten years or live in a gated community and haven't been out and about for a long time. Or all three. those of us paying attention have seen the situation build, slowly at first. And then to where it is now in the last two years.

Final words from me. Be kind to those on the ground. Direct any anger toward those deserving such credit. There's a long list of those on the city, county, and state government roles.

I have to think that if you don't know why #1 is then you must have been in a cave, out of town for ten years or live in a gated community and haven't been out and about for a long time. Or all three. those of us paying attention have seen the situation build, slowly at first. And then to where it is now in the last two years.

Final words from me. Be kind to those on the ground. Direct any anger toward those deserving such credit. There's a long list of those on the city, county, and state government roles.
There was no anger or attitude directed at the woman who helped me. I'm just venting a bit. I expected there to be changes regarding the guns, as discussed on here, but changes with how they handle accessories caught me by surprise. I recently moved to Multnomah County from Salem... about 3 months ago, so things are a bit different for me.

My coworker's husband manages a Bimart store.
They recently had a handgun theft. 2 guns.
Guy asked to take a look at them both. Clerk put them both out on the counter. Thief picked them both up and ran out of the store.
This particular store is not inside potlandistan city limits. But not far outside of them either.
This!
It is only a handful of stores that are all located near me! o_O

There was no anger or attitude directed at the woman who helped me. I'm just venting a bit. I expected there to be changes regarding the guns, as discussed on here, but changes with how they handle accessories caught me by surprise. I recently moved to Multnomah County from Salem... about 3 months ago, so things are a bit different for me.
Yeah I got that. No offense intended. I have a hard time posting anything about this place and these times without ranting.

Has Salem turned into as BIG of a sucksickle as potland? :)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads