JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Keep my weapon(s) locked away in a "child-proof safe;" ya gotta be kiddin' me. In an emergency requiring seconds to act, I may as well call the police.
I'm wearing mine all day, every day so no reason to lock it up. Leaving it on the coffee table with small children isn't prudent is all I was attempting to state. I don't see the infringement in that I guess.

If you are a responsible gun owner who puts your pistol in the night stand at night, quit whining. You already know this type of law won't affect you. If you are the dumb bubblegum who leaves an unsecured gun in your car's console while you run into the store, and your four year old finds it and shoots his 6 month old brother in the throat, you deserve to go to prison. People who disagree with that are only hurting the cause by making the rest of us look insane.

Most don't have a problem with the safety issue, but if you have no control on who breaks into your house, or even who it may be. You may follow all of the safety rules, but you are still going to be charged as a felon who will never again own a firearm. The guy that took them is already a felon and could care less, he will steal for his needs. With that, there will have to be some form of registration to be able to track that firearm to you. Even if you did nothing wrong, legal help will need to be hired because you are guilty until you can prove you are innocent!

Your home is secure, so that's a reasonable assumption that your guns are also secured. The criminal act of breaking into your home and stealing from you should in no way make you responsible. Someone steals your car and plows down people on a sidewalk, your not responsible. Your guns are locked in your home someone breaks in and steals them, your not responsible either... Period...
It will not matter to those who attempted to pass this, as there will need to be a registration to even know if they are your guns. They are passing anything they think will stick for people control. You are guilty until you can prove you are innocent. I think this was dropped for now as a token when the Republicans took a walk the other day!

Being a gun owner , comes with responsibility.
What that looks like , is different for everyone and their living situation and lifestyle.

How I keep and store my guns , works for me and just how and where I live...it may not work for someone else...A "blanket" one size fits all type of solution , often means one size fits none and is no real solution.

The best idea I have for gun safety is :
A elective , free or low cost Firearms Course in schools and in a "town hall " kinda setting , maybe even held in a sporting goods store...
The course is to be non-political...
Safe firearm handling...
How firearms work...
Basic firearms ID...
Basic Ballistics...
All would be covered...
Andy

After reading the thread, and fully against any new law because for crying out loud, we don't need any more ever again.

I'm taking a different approach, a more cynical approach. The left is rabid about people's abortion rights, late term abortions no big deal, so since they clearly don't mind the concept of dead kids, we just need to explain to them that these incidents are extremely late term abortions and they'll immediate march in the street wearing pink hats and vagina costumes to demand they keep this option.

Most don't have a problem with the safety issue, but if you have no control on who breaks into your house, or even who it may be. You may follow all of the safety rules, but you are still going to be charged as a felon who will never again own a firearm. The guy that took them is already a felon and could care less, he will steal for his needs. With that, there will have to be some form of registration to be able to track that firearm to you. Even if you did nothing wrong, legal help will need to be hired because you are guilty until you can prove you are innocent!

The OH law this thread is about, specifically and clearly says that you are off the hook if a juvie breaks into your house and cracks your secure storage.

I'm wearing mine all day, every day so no reason to lock it up. Leaving it on the coffee table with small children isn't prudent is all I was attempting to state. I don't see the infringement in that I guess.

Not every gun owner is stupid or irresponsible so why treat all as such?
You cannot legislate away irresponsible actions no matter what they are.

What that looks like , is different for everyone and their living situation and lifestyle.

How I keep and store my guns , works for me and just how and where I live...it may not work for someone else...A "blanket" one size fits all type of solution , often means one size fits none and is no real solution.

A elective , free or low cost Firearms Course in schools and in a "town hall " kinda setting , maybe even held in a sporting goods store...
Safe firearm handling...
How firearms work...
Basic firearms ID...
Basic Ballistics...
All would be covered...
Andy

Exactly my point. Thanks Andy.
We are all responsible for our actions and there are those who just don't care about responsibility so do not persecute those of us that are.

Safe firearm handling...
How firearms work...
Basic firearms ID...
Basic Ballistics...
All would be covered...
Andy
That was SB801 this time around. It got killed in committee due to pressure from MDA and Ceasefire.

As for storage, I still think a carrot is a much better motivator than a stick. Give anyone who stores their firearms in a state approved manner absolute blanket immunity from civil or criminal responsibility. If your guns are stored in a locked 800# safe you've done your duty and you should be immune. That leaves it up to the individual to assess what the risks in his or her particular household are. Me, I have the 800# safe and a quick access pistol safe. I can be firing from a dead sleep in under 5 seconds. I have this arrangement because I have 4 and 8 yo daughters, and a couple of 20-somethings that occasionally sleep here. It's a compromise between safety and accessibility.

Last Edited:
When kids get ahold of guns bad things may happen. What kind of genius thinks this can be fixed by ANY law? It is ignorant adults and these we will always have.
Education may help some people. Others not.
One more Law to erode 2nd amendment, all with the finest of intentions.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top