JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Or the ones who sit there with a turn signal on to go into a parking spot. They just outed themselves as California di*ks and therefore anything that can be done to deny them that spot or any other aggravation that I can throw their way is completely justified. Cause I am the guy who walks from the far end of the parking lot for the exercise.
Me too. I park far and away to avoid everyone and all the traffic. :D

Or how about the guy that brings his beautiful chocolate Lab past your house and his beautiful chocolate lab takes a deuce on your lawn....Wait nevermind that was me. :D

Yeah, it happens everywhere. If I can make it around, I'll park in the back and see the same car still waiting as I walk by. :confused:
Exactly! Same thing with starpukes drive thru. There's always a line of cars around the building which is not moving and a bunch of empty spaces in front of the door.
Sheesh. I like my occasional Pike Place but McDonald's drive thru moves a lot faster and the coffee is always a buck. It's dang good coffee even if the only thing good on the menu. Where am I going with this? I'm not really sure now. I'll just end it here.

I'm getting sick of these projector beam headlights. Not just the poor quality aftermarket ones that the tuner boys put on their Type R fart cars, but the OEM ones suck as well. If you need the equivalent of [-event lighting to drive at night then you shouldn't be on the road. Oh I forgot, you have to be the event when driving. Then there's the stupid LED tail lights. Standard "old fashioned" incandescent bulb headlights didn't blind you when someone steps on the brake. The light is a natural burning light which rolls on slow enough for your pupils to naturally adjust. These LED brake lights are "instant on" with full brightness and your pupils don't have time to close so you get an eyeful of light immediately.
You're all on my list, you know who you are. Now scram, get off my lawn.
The semi headlights are blinding too. These folks know their lights are blinding and don't care. I need a LED light bar on my lumber rack

People who try and tell other people how they should live their life. Get the F out of my face.
You do your thing and I will do my thing and we can get along just fine.

I actually don't mind the range Nazis. I know a lot of people complain about TCGC for this, but ND's/AD's are real. In my opinion, more rule enforcement the better. I don't want to get shot at the range. That would totally ruin my weekend.
We are probably defining Range Nazi differently here ...

I don't see a Range Nazi as improving safety. Their bellicose ranting behavior (and no, you don't come close to a real Drill Instructor in any sense of the meaning) adds nothing to safety, but certainly increases misery and "attitude" in the others on the range. Go be a wannabe somewhere else … PLEASE! If your only way to enforce range procedures and safety is to bark at someone please just go away.

A quality RO is firm, professional, unyielding in enforcing procedures and very impactful on safety and general obedience to the rules without being a d**k. In fact RO's than act this way are far superior in every measurable way. You can hold people to high levels of performance and still act in a friendly, relaxed and likeably way.

I too am in favor of well crafted range rules and the absolute adherence to them; no if's and's or but's here at all! By jumping all over someone for a violation you have lost the chance to educate that person in proper procedures. They will listen to your "wisdom", begrudgedly, and will either obey or leave but their attitude and thinking will not have changed. Wouldn't a firm but helpful attitude that offered to help the person work better? Of course the answer is yes.

Shooting is under assault from all directions. We need to keep each and every shooter engaged and happy about their sport. Range Nazi's might as well volunteer for Pelosi's next campaign as far as I'm concerned, since they are working from within to marginalize our sport.

On the other hand, the cool, professional, teaching oriented RO should be valued and honored in more ways than any of them ever receive.

FWIW

I'm a member of one of the best ranges in North America and we don't have range nazi's.

We discipline ourselves and have for many years without a single mishap.

Our range is fairly large with almost 60 acres, very well maintained and is always being improved.

We shoot pistol, steel plates or paper targets, large bore rifle, dedicated .22 cal range, with a variety of shotgun shooting and even an airgun range well aware from the firearms shooters.

Plus IDPA and other shooting events, plus seminars and instruction.

So, no pet peeve regarding range nazi's.

Pet Peeve: The constant use of 'awesome' and 'dude'.

When I hear those two, I automatically deduct I.Q. points as a matter of course.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top