JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It really is surprising. Some of the rounds were hitting the ground in as little as 20-25 yards from where I was shooting from. Even with those extremely underpowered rounds it was still cycling every time. Never had a single malfunction with the scorpion.
That's absolutely amazing. I was fishing for you perhaps left something out or something but nope.

If you know anybody with a bore scope you could check the bore and the crown with that. Sometimes if a barrel is shot enough it starts to break down in the lands. Especially if you shoot it enough to get it hot to the touch.

I would still buy their model 1897 or a pre 64 model 94... but that doesn't speak much to what they're doing now! LoL

You're right tho... sad times indeed.

I'm not positive, but I seem to remember reading the ammo company and the guns were different entities.
AH here it is. 2 different horses same name, one really sway backed and knock kneed, can barely trot, and the other still running with a better jockey! Shouldn't paint them both with the same brush. :eek:
Gabby

Olin retained the Winchester ammunition business. U.S. Repeating Arms itself went bankrupt in 1989. After bankruptcy, it was acquired by a French holding company, then sold to Belgian armsmakers Herstal Group, which also owns gun makers Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal (FN) and Browning Arms Company.
Winchester Repeating Arms Company - Wikipedia
Winchester Repeating Arms Company - Wikipedia

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class