JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good point by @Jeedia , however I would also look at the ammo.
I loaded a few hundred rounds, wound up pulling them all because I experienced the same problem: some on target, lots shooting low with no predictability. Found the powder in them was completely irregular. On investigation, found oil in my powder drop caused the flake to gunk up inside it, causing light loads and the occasional full load when the gunk ball would drop. No squibs - I was surprised.

I was suggested a nicked crown when my RPR gave me fits. Even went as far as to remove the muzzle break to inspect. Nope, crown was GTG. And you've had to really nick the heck out of it to have results like those at 50 yards.

Cheapest easiest thing to do is give her a quick once over cleaning-wise. Nothing too fancy. Guns shoot fine dirty, and sometimes even better. Then throw some more cheap-o ball rounds down range. Try some 115 FMJ's just for GP. Should either rule out the gun or the ammo pretty darn quick.

Did you try that ammo in another gun or do you have any left to try in another 9mm? I would bet under powered/inconsistent ammo as well. You could try weighing them but federal doesn't have great consistency in their cases to get a decent baseline.

Did you try that ammo in another gun or do you have any left to try in another 9mm? I would bet under powered/inconsistent ammo as well. You could try weighing them but federal doesn't have great consistency in their cases to get a decent baseline.
No, unfortunately I didn't have another gun chambered in 9mm with me. I'm going to hit up an indoor range this evening and try the scorpion with different ammo, and also try the possibly problematic ammo in another gun and see what's going on

Yes, it was. I could see copper buildup. My dads flash suppressor has a much larger crown than mine. Wouldn't have even noticed with his. Mine was deflecting rounds mostly downward and irregular.

That was another suspect on my RPR debacle. But no grazing and no loosey loosey. Ended up being the optic mount.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews