JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
53695BB3-B120-4879-94EA-26DD2B5008C0.jpeg Sent my Feedback off to them this morning. Sorry about penmanship. :eek:

Let me be clear on my position:

>>They can sell whatever they want and you also have the right not to go there. No argument there.

If your boycott works as intended and they suffer and close up shop, there are not options in many of the small towns where Bimart is the only game in town. Also the job opportunities are few and far between in those small towns (Baker, LaPine, Winston...) You don't just get another job across the street. When Albertsons closed in Pendleton, it really hurt a lot of families.

Thank you to those who took the time and effort to call or write BiMart. I would feel real good if the response was 20 to 1 in our favor. That is a realistic goal. You don't have to change their mind. They won't. The water is over the dam on this one. But they need to realize they goofed and not to do it again.

If people lose a job that is sad. It will be far from permanent. Unless you are trying to say BiMart was losing money there? They only kept a store there to lose money? If it was profitable and closes someone else will open. If there is no money to be made there since no one there works? Then time to move to where the jobs are.

I do get that, but my question above is how many people, who think like you do and actively shop at BiMart, like you do, are there to participate in such a boycott? I, for example, have never been a regular BiMart shopper, I don't care for their stores or their extremely slow service, so I don't go in. Only time I buy from them is if they have some ammo I need that I can't get somewhere else, and that's maybe once or twice a year. So while I can support the boycott, I'll have zero impact on them financially.

And, as I noted above, there are plenty of gun owners that honestly don't give a sh!t about the age requirement, in fact, I'm finding that there are a good number that actually support it. So those folks aren't going to bother with a boycott over something they're in support of.

So, honestly, how many people does anyone think that leaves in Oregon, Washington, etc. that will actually be pissed off enough to participate in such a boycott, and will it really be enough to make BiMart change their minds?

I will not make or break them but I will not set foot in there. I would not care if they were 25% cheaper. Others will still buy, that I can't change. Just like I can't change all the "gun people" who insist of throwing our rights away. What I can and will do is never spend money at this place or Dicks again.

I shop at BiMart for some of my reloading supplies, It is a 60 mile one way trip but then next closest place that sells reloading supplies to me is an 80 mile one way trip for me. BiMart usually carries my preferred powders for both rifle and pistol, they also carry Cases and Bullets I prefer Cheaper the next closest place. I do not buy Factory Ammo as a rule, and have never bought a firearm from BiMart. there is also at present no Walmart closer to me than BiMart (which is in the same city as the closest Walmart). I will still probably buy powders and components from BiMart. Though will send a communication to them expressing my displeasure over their recent policy change.

I went into a Dicks Sporting goods one time. to look for a rifle, I was not impressed by either their selection or their prices. I am waiting to see if Sportsmans Warehouse changes their age policy. I will be very disappointed because that is where my next firearm purchase will be.

Another problem with the Walmart Policy Change is that regardless what the 4473 says they will not release a gun until they receive a Hard Proceed from the BCG.

I will not make or break them but I will not set foot in there. I would not care if they were 25% cheaper. Others will still buy, that I can't change. Just like I can't change all the "gun people" who insist of throwing our rights away. What I can and will do is never spend money at this place or Dicks again.

I'm all for the boycott, I just fear it won't have the effect we hope. Kind of like trying to stop legislation in Salem or Olympia, we simply don't have the numbers of dedicated 2A folks to stop them from steamrolling us. At the moment, we are the minority, until that changes, we're kind of at their mercy. Sucks big time since I can't remember a time when I felt truly represented here in Oregon whether by the folks in Salem or the folks in Washington D.C.

So far 7 major chains I am sure very soon Cabelas and Bass Pro will follow suit as now if someone gets shot by a 18 year old they will blame them thats how all this works.

Well, to get things moving more quickly, a 19-year-old shot and killed 2 people today at Central Michigan University. Another worthless POS that's going to cost us more of our rights. Watch for the anti's to pile on again now that another under-19 shooter has made his presence known.

Knowing this, I expect the age change to become law, if not an executive order. The stores changing policy may be a moot point in a matter of weeks. The frenzied anti's, their friends in congress and weak-kneed RINO's are all going to cave. If they don't, I'll be honestly surprised.

News of the shooting is still coming in but.....

One report says that the University Police had contact w/ the suspect on Thursday....."illegal drugs and a possible bad reaction" was mentioned.

Oh yeah....let's make drugs illegal. Wait a second......isn't it already.:eek:

Aloha, Mark

I can imagine what actually happened......

++++++++

But.....you know. No sense in blaming a person/the shooter.

"It was the gun that did it."

Yup.....the gun got up...some how loaded itself...and went off......killing two people.

And for THAT reason.....Americans should lose their rights. o_O

Aloha, Mark

In other news, sales of Tums, liquid antacids and American Whiskey have skyrocketed..........

Gees lets see the fk up football, take away places to shoot, raise hunting and fishing fees, now tell a man hes not a man when he is 18 unless he is fighting for us then he is a man. :mad::(o_O

Wow..

They received MUCH of my business.
Now I think Ill stick to Sportsmans Warehouse. Their ammo prices have gone down a bit.. most of their steel cased stuff almost rivals Walmarts prices.
Guess Ill give them my business instead. Unless folks know of small shops that have reasonable prices, in which case, Id much rather shop there.

I see Bimart raised their Ammo and firearm purchase limit to 21 effective immediately. I didn't read the entire flier but that's the jist of what they did

I dont agree with BiMarts decision, but looking back to when I was 18, it might not have been the best time for me to own a gun. I agree that its not their decision to make:confused:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top