JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dang, i get a C&R discount there. Need to order one. Since the Walmart debacle, Midway states on their website "MIDWAYUSA SELLS AMMO ALWAYS HAS, ALWAYS WILL".

Walmort has nothing to sue over. The logo's are different. Brownells looks to be cartridges while the Walmort logo is a exclamation point shaped thing. The only similarities is the way they are arraigned and that they are both shades of yellow.

That little star thing is I am sure a Registered trade mark. If so they (Wally) will of course make them stop. Wonder if they could change it just enough to legally get away with it and still make it easy to see who they were poking fun at?

It's a parody. Parodies are legally exempt, especially when they are political commentary.

Doesn't mean Walmart won't take them to court though - but I doubt it.

Trademark law is different from copyright, and a logo or brand name is trademark.

That said, parody has some measure of protection when used in a parody.

The problem is when it is used in a commercial sense - that muddies up the water so to speak.

Trademark infringement (in 99% of legal disputes) requires consumer confusion. (E.g. initial interest confusion, source confusion). No consumer would possibly believe that shirt was sold by Wal Mart.

Ok so the brownells shirt has a different name on it, a different logo, and a slogan not associated with Walmort. Ya asuit wod go no where.

Trademark infringement (in 99% of legal disputes) requires consumer confusion. (E.g. initial interest confusion, source confusion). No consumer would possibly believe that shirt was sold by Wal Mart.
The North Face vs. The South Butt. No confusion possible here. Although they settled, the South Butt guy was still forced out of business.

guns_and_coffee.png

1200px-Starbucks_Corporation_Logo_2011.svg.png

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews