JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The shooter in Michigan was 19 and he used a pistol to do the deed. Thought he had to be 21 to purchase a handgun. So where/who did he get it from and why is this not broadcast on CNN?

This is crazy times were living in! So basically I can hunt on my own in Oregon if I am 18, but now I can't buy ammo for my hunting rifle until 21 at all the big box stores. The small gun shops must be loving this.

I'm all for the boycott, I just fear it won't have the effect we hope. Kind of like trying to stop legislation in Salem or Olympia, we simply don't have the numbers of dedicated 2A folks to stop them from steamrolling us. At the moment, we are the minority, until that changes, we're kind of at their mercy. Sucks big time since I can't remember a time when I felt truly represented here in Oregon whether by the folks in Salem or the folks in Washington D.C.

Yes gun people are their own worst enemies, have been all my life. I fully expect to see a lot more bans before I die due to gun owners who refuse to vote. It is what it is. I don't expect this to change anything but I will not give these stores a dime more. Now if they really want to show how self righteous they are and stop selling guns and ammo to ALL, fine. Then I would respect that and shop there. Our gun rights are going to vanish and nothing we can do about that. Feel bad for my kids that they will most likely see the total ban. It is what it is. Gun owners are not a minority, they just insist on making themselves one at election time. I don't tell others how to vote or shop, just sharing that these stores get no more of my money. Just the same as if a store puts up a "NO GUNS" sign. I will not shop there. Others will and that's great.

Well, to get things moving more quickly, a 19-year-old shot and killed 2 people today at Central Michigan University. Another worthless POS that's going to cost us more of our rights. Watch for the anti's to pile on again now that another under-19 shooter has made his presence known.

Knowing this, I expect the age change to become law, if not an executive order. The stores changing policy may be a moot point in a matter of weeks. The frenzied anti's, their friends in congress and weak-kneed RINO's are all going to cave. If they don't, I'll be honestly surprised.

Gun owners support these new laws. So why would the people who make laws fear them?

I'm still shopping the deals there, but I think they should play it by what is legal.

I wouldn't trust a lot of "adults" younger than me with too sharp a pair of scissors tho.

I'll save my complaints for places I already dislike, such as Dick's.

Edit: hopefully they can make us forget about this infraction by providing ammo cans of 556 on clips for $0.20 a round.

Gun owners support these new laws. So why would the people who make laws fear them?

That's the biggest problem. Gun owners are deeply divided over what they're willing to accept and what they're not. From the hard core no-compromise types (many on here) to the Fudds to the casual owners who don't pay any attention to the politics to the ones that think it would be great if the FBI kicked in their door, took all their guns and beat their azzes for good measure - it's a very mixed lot. And so long as gun owners can't find common ground, there will never be enough support to stop the anti-gun onslaught.

Honestly, I'm surprised we've managed to hold off as much as we have so far.

I remember being 13 or 14 and saving pennies to buy a box of .22. Several of us that age would go into the hardware store or gas station while mom waited in the car for us. Back then a box of .22 was only 50 cents.

Pretty soon there'll be no driving at night or in the rain. I was trying to give some love to BM because they had been supportive of gun enthusiasts but since they don't have an age limit on swimming pools, bleach or knives, it looks like it'snot about saving lives and protecting kids.

I get it. Its bad for business if some nuttjob buys something and ends up on the news. BM's 60 years history or how ever long it is doesn't support that.(killers buying from them)

We child proof our houses and lives to keep children safe. Now we have do it for other adults who are so busy role playing Star Wars characters the can't be trusted with things 12yo did a generation ago.

Last Edited:
What do you do with your wife when she comes home from Bi-Mart just now with 300rd of 5.56 for $90. First thing I said was, I thought it was a 10 box limit, my wife says ( nah they let me have 15). You really can't get mad about something like this...

Pretty soon there'll be no driving at night or in the rain. I was trying to give some love to BM because they had been supportive of gun enthusiasts but since they don't have an age limit on swimming pools, bleach or knives, it looks like it'snot about saving lives and protecting kids.

I get it. Its bad for business if some nuttjob buys something and ends up on the news. BMP 60 years history or how ever long it is doesn't support that.

We children proof our houses and lives to keep children safe. Now we have do it for other adults who are so busy role playing Star Wars characters the can't be trusted with things 12yo did a generation ago.
There is a legal age restriction on knives, it's 18... so technically BiMart doesn't have to make a policy about it besides following the law.

What do you do with your wife when she comes home from Bi-Mart just now with 300rd of 5.56 for $90. First thing I said was, I thought it was a 10 box limit, my wife says ( nah they let me have 15). You really can't get mad about something like this...
Kiss her and say "thanks -insert pet name-"... then wait for the real deal of boxes of 90 on clips for $0.30 a round or 62gr steel core...

Or that these 18-20 year olds will eventually be of age.

I know that if I were a young person, I wouldn't buy from a store that refused to sell to me just a few years before

Yup. I'm 22 approaching 23 and I will no longer be shopping at any store raising the minimum age of all firearms related sales to 21, whether it's for food, batteries, whatever. I'll spend a few more dollars elsewhere for the items I want and avoid Fred Meyer, Walmart, Bi-Mart, etc.

Either you're an adult or you're not. If this is the new norm, then to drive, smoke, enter contracts, be tried as an adult in court, serve in the military, etc, needs to be raised to 21.

That's the biggest problem. Gun owners are deeply divided over what they're willing to accept and what they're not. From the hard core no-compromise types (many on here) to the Fudds to the casual owners who don't pay any attention to the politics to the ones that think it would be great if the FBI kicked in their door, took all their guns and beat their azzes for good measure - it's a very mixed lot. And so long as gun owners can't find common ground, there will never be enough support to stop the anti-gun onslaught.

Honestly, I'm surprised we've managed to hold off as much as we have so far.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Your state and mine have Governors who are very anti gun. Gun owners voted them into office.

in read all this. I guess there no need to worry about Bi mart not having 10/22's, due to there sales price. This will be the last time you see a new one for under $200

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top