JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you want your 18 year old kid to have a gun or ammo, get it for them.

At 18 years old one is legally an adult. Like it or not......they are adults and have RIGHTS and RESPONSIBILITIES.

Story time:
My son waited until he was 18 to join the US Military. He wanted me to sign to allow him to join early. I refused. I figured that it would be entirely his own decision (mistake or not) to make once he became an adult.

He's currently 20 years old and stationed in Yuma, AZ. While on leave, he came home and picked up his AR to take back with him. So, why should I have to buy ammo for him to practice with?

+++++

General question for those that wish to raise the age for buying a firearm or ammo to 21.*

You raised them (I assume). So, why don't you trust your own kid(s)?

Aloha, Mark

*Yes, I know that 21 is already the age for handguns and handgun ammo. But, IMHO, that is wrong too.

LOL. Maybe, it's because of all of those brain cells that I've lost over the years. YUP.....back when I was younger, I could legally drink at 18 years old.:eek:

Last Edited:
I left a terse yet polite feedback (had to edit it 6 times:mad:)
And just melted my membership card with an oxy-acetylene torch.
Screw em.

Most all the school shootings were done with firearms that did not belong to the shooter.
This is just stupid.............. oh but wait I am sure all those who said no more and were not going to take it.....will bow to this too. Bimart and Dicks only get away with it because they all know most Gun owners, groups and lobbyist are all talk, they never protest " ever" so the fear to them is zero..... But hey lets make sure we yell loud we wont compromise and not on our watch..:s0152:....seems like I am saying this allot lately.. back to your regular scheduled programming..:s0158:

By the way Bimart exec have already pondered doing away with firearms as they do not sell that much and its an expensive overhead, more proof it was political.

I sent a rather polite but to the point response. I like BiMart. They didn't screw over gun enthusiast during the crazy times of gun ownership a few years ago. They are a different set of people than Dicks in my mind. I never knew them to carry ARs or AK rifles but until recently they have had mini 14s. Not sure what route Fredy's will take.

It has been a Pacific NorthWest tradition to take your 18 year old to BiMart so they can pick-out and purchase their very own first rifle. Gifting is just not the same.
When I turned 18 I already had a full time job. I worked and saved to be able to head up to the local Western Auto and the Hardware Store. The Hardware store bought and sold guns. They would sell your gun for a cut. Bought a couple shotguns from them and sold one 22 through them. It was a point of pride being able to do so. Back then once they got to know you they would even sell me .22 ammo on the promise it was for a rifle since then you still had to sign a book for hand gun ammo.

They are different than the Dick's and Walmart. They are local and small. The letter about ARs was from a VP of Advertising. Of course he will bend like a birch.
The contact I gave was for Director of Store Operations. He cares about customers in the store and revenue. Not feelings and perceptions.

I sent a rather polite but to the point response. I like BiMart. They didn't screw over gun enthusiast during the crazy times of gun ownership a few years ago. They are a different set of people than Dicks in my mind. I never knew them to carry ARs or AK rifles but until recently they have had mini 14s. Not sure what route Fredy's will take.

If any store wants to just stop selling guns and ammo I have ZERO problem with that. I would still shop there. When one does this, decides they are going to make up some new rule that goes beyond the law just to feel good, no. They have put up a sign saying they no longer want my money.

I still dont understand how this is NOT discrimination.... If it were a black dude, or asian dude, or white dude, or insert other......and I refused service simply because of that, how is that NOT discrimination? Its legal under all laws now. If I were 18 I'd be following up with a lawsuit. Oregon recognizes age as a discrimination factor.

As a side note, Im not all for this. Maybe Im old skool or whatever, but I remember the signs..... "We have the right to refuse service........".......

Just sayn.....

Sweet Cakes......

I still dont understand how this is NOT discrimination.... If it were a black dude, or asian dude, or white dude, or insert other......and I refused service simply because of that, how is that NOT discrimination? Its legal under all laws now. If I were 18 I'd be following up with a lawsuit. Oregon recognizes age as a discrimination factor.

As a side note, Im not all for this. Maybe Im old skool or whatever, but I remember the signs..... "We have the right to refuse service........".......

Just sayn.....

Sweet Cakes......

Because no Government entity is going to care about this. It only matters if a Government entity is willing to come after the business.

My coupon book came in the mail today. 223 is on sale and I am going there to buy a box. While I am there I will talk to the manager and let him know how I feel about their trending to the new normal.
Then I will hand him my coupon with the words Support Our Gun Rights written on it with $5.99. It is then I will explain that there are other places that think like I do that would like me as a regular customer.

Because no Government entity is going to care about this. It only matters if a Government entity is willing to come after the business.

Well, i guess sue the government and take it to the supreme court. Citing previous cases such as that....

It would suck for many small towns to have their Bimart go under. Especially because of a poor decision of an advertising executive.

Courtesy of member Chris61182:
ORS 659A.403 - Discrimination in place of public accommodation prohibited - 2015 Oregon Revised Statutes

Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, all persons within the jurisdiction of this state are entitled to the full and equal accommodations, advantages, facilities and privileges of any place of public accommodation, without any distinction, discrimination or restriction on account of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status or age if the individual is of age, as described in this section, or older.

(2)Subsection (1) of this section does not prohibit:

(a)The enforcement of laws governing the consumption of alcoholic beverages by minors and the frequenting by minors of places of public accommodation where alcoholic beverages are served;

(b)The enforcement of laws governing the use of marijuana items, as defined in ORS 475B.015 (Definitions for ORS 475B.010 to 475B.395), by persons under 21 years of age and the frequenting by persons under 21 years of age of places of public accommodation where marijuana items are sold; or

(c)The offering of special rates or services to persons 50 years of age or older.

Sounds like selective discrimination against a state statute to me.

Ive shot with dudes, UNDER the age of 18 that are MORE than capable of handling a firearm under my presence (or strict obversation) (Or unrestricted for that matter) than my peers.......Sigh.....i can go off on a tangent here or keep my mouth shut......Im gonna shut up....Im just gonna get pissed.....

If BS like this is gonna happen then the age for military service needs to be raised to 21....same with voting and driving.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top