JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm so glad in Washington we don't have a state bgc system. I've done a couple deals with guys in oregon, each time has taken at least an hour, the longest was 2.5 hours and was delayed for a couple months. I assume they see you have a parking ticket and are like F this guy.
Up in Washington I've never had a check take longer then 10 min. Knock on wood

Project exile worked..and it was focused on the street thug and common criminal. I have no issues with felons petitioning to get their rights restored. I do have issues with those using it illegally despite going to jail. If caught again....build a super prison on an island in tue.kiddle of nowhere.

Then there are the ones that say the only legal way to ship a pistol is 2nd day air for huge dollars.

As a private citizen you can't ship a handgun via USPS and the only way you can ship FedEx or UPS is Next Day Air. I guess you could either break the law or break their policy.

I'm not an FFL, but @Norm0931 you're missing the criticism by @joken. It is true that private citizens must ship handguns via 2nd Day Air. But FFL's have USPS at their disposal and can ship (FFL-to-FFL) via USPS Priority. Any FFL that doesn't know this is maybe not an FFL you want to work with on the transfer side of things.

Typically NWA has no problem with that whatsoever and I doubt this is going to change that. I have always had excellent service with them, they obviously don't want to do transfers, and I'll keep shopping there. Plenty of other storea to do transfers at.
Why do you want to patronage a place like that. I will definitely will no longer give them any of my business. You are obviously part of the problem, patronizing a place that would take advantage of us. Shame on you.

Why do you want to patronage a place like that. I will definitely will no longer give them any of my business. You are obviously part of the problem, patronizing a place that would take advantage of us. Shame on you.
So I am part of the problem how? Shame on me? It very liberal and progressive of you to think a business has to bow to your wants " for the greater good.". Don't like it don't shop there, it what makes this nation great, choice.

Lies from the head of the FICS unit in Salem to an Oregon Senator:
1. What is the private sales workload looking like at FICS?

From 8/9/15 – 8/22/15:

Total Private Party through Gun Dealer: 32

Total Private Party not through Gun Dealer (at gun show): 4

Of these to date totals, 2 transactions resulted in a "delay" due to incomplete records; one of those has since been resolved to an approved status. All private party transactions to date have been approved.

2. How many new employees?

We hired three Limited Duration employees to address workload in general. All three are in training status.

3. General status?

We continue to complete incoming transactions as they are received as well as research transactions that have been placed in pend status due to incomplete records that must be researched. For staff conducting the background checks, a private party check is no different at face value than any other.

While there have been some questions about SB 941, most were prior to the operational date and fielded by the unit manager.

4. Getting complaints from numerous FFLs about slow downs

Can you provide further information about this? Outside of new staff in training, we are not aware of any changes that would cause a perceived "slow down".

FYI, average Customer wait time for request (from customer initiating request to staff pick-up):

• Web: 15 minutes

• Phone: 7 minutes

Average background check turnaround (from staff pick-up to point the initial outcome is provided – approved, denied or pended for further research):

• Web: 20 minutes

• Phone 15 minutes

Average percentage of transactions Pended: continues to trend below 4%. 2015 YTD average is 3.21%

We do post messages to the online web page to keep dealers aware of any potential interruptions due to statewide or internal systems such as a recent statewide network problem through DAS. However those have been noted to be intermittent and not large in scale. These are informational only and should there be an actual outage or significant impact to the unit conducting backgrounds, we would reach out to dealers with whatever information we have available.

5. Less than accurate legal information provided

Our FICS unit does not provide legal advice or information; can you give me more detail about this concern or an example of what information is being referenced?

6. Three hour delays or lines, etc.

Refer to response to question 4 above. We do not know what this is referring to; can you provide any additional information?

FICS is trying to claim the average wait time for any check is 35 minutes. I told this Senator to show up at any FFL on any afternoon and expect to wait several hours and if delayed, months.

So I am part of the problem how? Shame on me? It very liberal and progressive of you to think a business has to bow to your wants " for the greater good.". Don't like it don't shop there, it what makes this nation great, choice.

I apologize, I misread your post. Thought you were going to continue to buy from them. Again, I am sorry.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top