JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I saw that and also thought it was BS... "Tina, oh she is tough", he says. LOL. People like Tina don't hang out with people who wear Hi-Vis clothing to work. That guy was probably an unemployed actor.
EXACTLY! I saw it and thought to myself.. do they even know any construction workers? They plucked some actor, dawned him in PPE and had him run a laughable line.. only folks truly unfamiliar with blue collar folks would pull a stunt like that to appeal to the "Joe Everyman".

And Oregon in general…
It's already slipped SO far from what it was when I moved here. 1983. But that makes sense, because when I started voting (Well after I should have :oops:) I voted D. This was a great state! People in power now are nothing close to the kind of people running the place when I moved here.
Unbelievable what those people have pulled. :(

Her (kotek) commercial online is hilarious, it depicts this large construction worker in full PPE telling the viewer how hard she works.. trying to pander and appear to be relatable to us blue collar folks.. stuff like that is truly disgusting and disingenuous.. then again these are the times.

The absolute laughable thing about that ad is her talking about how she'll get things done about homelessness in Portland.. despite her championing for literally all the policies that have encouraged it.

Full PPE is not an uncommon requirement, but it would have dirt, grease, diesel stains, and look like a homeless reject garmet.

-E-

Full PPE is not an uncommon requirement, but it would have dirt, grease, diesel stains, and look like a homeless reject garmet.

-E-
Oh no, Im just stating that for a commercial he is in FULL ppe to convey he's a blue collar otherwise the folks watching online or watching TV wouldnt know.. basically their version of a blue collar costume.. not that its (ppe) uncommon. Its just out of place for the commercial is all.

Maybe late to the thread but I see Johnson is running as an 'Independent leader, not affiliated with any party, loyal only to the people of Oregon' - HER words.

Therefore I see her as nothing but a 'tool' to draw votes away from Drazen.

Maybe late to the thread but I see Johnson is running as an 'Independent leader, not affiliated with any party, loyal only to the people of Oregon' - HER words.

I've heard from several sources that she's actually drawing more support away from Kotek than Drazen.

I think that was the game plan, but just as likely to backfire. On the surface that's the facade she's trying to portray, but anyone that knows much of anything about her knows she's "blue" and only resigned from the crat party to run for governor. In reality it seems she is attracting more support away from kotex. Some of the moderate crats seeing there is a problem in OR and not willing to go so far as to vote for Drazen, but more toward Johnson as a middle of the road option.

As long as she splitting more of the crat votes than from Drazen then it's really the first time in decades we just might have a chance of turning the state around to at least some resembalance of balance.

Some of the moderate crats seeing there is a problem in OR and not willing to go so far as to vote for Drazen, but more toward Johnson as a middle of the road option.
Well, this could be but where are the 'moderate 'crats' on gun issues?

Based on what Johnson said previously about supporting more gun laws - I take that to be a 'subtle' indication she is in favor of much MORE - and I see nothing to indicate anything different.

I see her as nothing more than a 'talking head' - a weak representation as a politician, saying nothing of 'substance' that really has no influence. Basically a 'Political Gadfly'.

She is essentially nothing more than a bizarre stand in who has little to no care about anything in Oregon. She sickens me worse now than when I first saw those basketball hoop glasses on her dreary face.

Last Edited:
Well, this could be but where are the 'moderate 'crats' on gun issues?

Based on what Johnson said previously about supporting more gun laws - I take that to be a 'subtle' indication she is in favor of much MORE - and I see nothing to indicate anything different.

I see her as nothing more than a 'talking head' - a weak representation as a politician, saying nothing of 'substance' that really has no influence.

She is essentially nothing more than a bizarre stand in who has little to no care about anything in Oregon. She sickens me worse now than when I first saw those basketball hoop glasses on her dreary face.
I can't argue with any of that. 🤣

I think she is more "favorable" to 2A rights... personaly... but she flat out said she would not stand in the way if OR voted in more gun control. "If that's what the people want". To me that's the same difference as being an anti.

How's that different from Drazan who has voted against police? And stayed behind for State Legislature to make quorum and enabled them to pass bills with anti2A provisions?

Please note; Drazan has said "Oregon doesn't need "more gun laws" " instead of saying " I will work with The People to repeal and reverse Oregon's gun laws that are ineffective and does more harm than good".

How's that different from Drazan who has voted against police? And stayed behind for State Legislature to make quorum and enabled them to pass bills with anti2A provisions?
I agree and see her as not much better.

We in Oregon simply have NO conservative, pro 2A candidate for Governor.

Just weak, camp followers who will go the way the 'wind blows'.....

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Back Top