JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Where is that vote count info from?

The one from the SoS page shows different numbers per county totals.

This is as recent as October 2022
As of March 2022 from SoS. No doubt Oct 2022 is updated because of the deadline to register.; but I haven't found an image of the chart to download, only the pdf which is a pain in the butt to use on a phone

Edit. I'm looking for the Totals by Party, not per County because that's a lot more work to compile manually :rolleyes:

That PDF gives the totals per party at the bottom after the total tally per county.

NAV: 1,032,326
D: 1,013,268
R: 730,986

Yes.

Now whether or not that means NAV being biggest = Betsy voter locked in remains to be seen.

Rs really need to get moderates from both if they want a win. I firmly believe the only reason Drazan has a slight lead is simply from Betsy being on ticket with a 19-20% polling which strictly keeps moderate or disgruntled D voters from just going down ballot from lack of choice.

Do they remain faithful or will they just default back. NAV voters are also uncertain if they'll stay middle or go either side.

Yes.

Now whether or not that means NAV being biggest = Betsy voter locked in remains to be seen.

Rs really need to get moderates from both if they want a win. I firmly believe the only reason Drazan has a slight lead is simply from Betsy being on ticket with a 19-20% polling which strictly keeps moderate or disgruntled D voters from just going down ballot from lack of choice.

Do they remain faithful or will they just default back. NAV voters are also uncertain if they'll stay middle or go either side.
That indeed is the big question innit it? If Betsy is in fact pulling votes away from Kotek, that opens the road for a Drazan win, or potentially an upset win by Johnson, depending on how the campaigns and voters goes. If Kotek shoots herself in the foot by promising to make NY and California look conservative in values and policies......... on the other hand, Drazan seems to have the backing of the pro-life community, with her promise to do an 180 on Oregon's abortion laws... (interesting there, she did not state the same sort of promise regarding 2A rights, beyond "shredding every EO made by Brown" :rolleyes: ) but the fact remains... by Drazan appealing to the relatively minority pro-life community, she may have lost a large block of former Ds and disgruntled moderate Ds which would likely be part of the 19-20 percent behind Betsy Johnson. It all comes down to how "inaccurate" the polling can be and what the ballots actually indicates.

Gotta love politicians!

Saying and doing are two completely different things and we all know midterms are the pillow talk.

Gotta love politicians!

Saying and doing are two completely different things and we all know midterms are the pillow talk.
All the more reason to look at their voting records. And again, Betsy's voting record is consistently pro2A when it comes to gun laws. Drazan has nothing but anti-police and a few other things, but nothing relating to guns, although she has stayed behind and made quorum last time Oregon Legislature passed anti2a bills... Kotek has made it no secret that she hates guns and the 2A.

In theory, that should make things simpler, but with Betsy not getting the polling numbers needed to be considered a strong contender.... 🤷‍♂️

........ on the other hand, Drazan seems to have the backing of the pro-life community, with her promise to do an 180 on Oregon's abortion laws... (interesting there, she did not state the same sort of promise regarding 2A rights, beyond "shredding every EO made by Brown" :rolleyes: ) but the fact remains... by Drazan appealing to the relatively minority pro-life community, she may have lost a large block of former Ds and disgruntled moderate Ds which would likely be part of the 19-20 percent behind Betsy Johnson. It all comes down to how "inaccurate" the polling can be and what the ballots actually indicates.
From my understaning... she hasn't quite said that. She hasn't been apologetic about her pro-life feelings and doesn't feel state taxpayer $'s should fund abortions, but hasn't made abortion really a part of her platform, and hasn't made any promises to reverse oregons abortion protection laws.

I know the oppostion has been trying to make everyone believe a vote for Drazen will mean the end of abortion access in OR, but that's to be expected.

As far as I know.... the only statements Drazen herself has made was to oppose state funding and third trimester abortions. That's a far cry from a complete 180, IMHO.

I could be wrong. I admit that issue isn't heavy on my radar, but from what I've noticed, she hasn't been speaking any more strongly about abortion than she has about the 2A... which leaves a bit to be desired... but given the alternatives.

Even if she wasn't a hard core D-bag... is it just me.. or during all those debates and appearances does kotex just come across as an uppity condescending biatch?? 🤣

It seems like it may be hard to get votes if a candidate isn't even "likeable" or relatable to folks. Not that it bothers me if she loses votes for ANY reason... but... interesting to ponder.

Last Edited:
All the more reason to look at their voting records. And again, Betsy's voting record is consistently pro2A when it comes to gun laws.
What concerns me is that she may have been voting that way while representing her small districts interests... that wanted it... and her votes where not expected to align with the entire state, but she also stated she wouldnt stand in the way or veto any 2A infringments if that's what the oregon voters wanted.

We all know the voting majority are portland woke-tards... and without a governor that will stand up to pressures from the left it's really not an improvement. True, it's not kotex, but I hope everyone will take the rare opportunity we currently have to make some real changes in the path we are going down and unite to go "all in" with our "best option" candidate.

Do you have evidence that Drazan is going to stand up against Portland? Because honestly I'm not really seeing anything. Again. She stayed behind to make quorum when the Oregon house passed the most recent bill that included safe storage and some other things as well as raising min ages...

For me the issue that trumps all others is the political indoctrination of our children in elementary schools by the woke progressives. This attempt to brainwash our children is more dangerous than any other issue. :mad:

For me the issue that trumps all others is the political indoctrination of our children in elementary schools by the woke progressives. This attempt to brainwash our children is more dangerous than any other issue. :mad:
That's more the issue of the Board of education and all the district "leadership". Elections matter. Vote out the school board members and vote in those that would go against the Board of education.

They endorse her but are 'deeply reserved' about her.

From the article
"Our endorsement, however, comes with deep reservations about Kotek's ability to overcome partisan gamesmanship, show independence from her longtime donors and lead with a true commitment to all Oregonians. Her opponents accurately and convincingly laid out why so many – even in Kotek's own party – are wary of her taking the reins, from broken promises to legislation she pushed that favors Democratic donors and allies. The abuses of one-party rule and Kotek's own manipulations make this our most conflicted endorsement in recent years"

Do you have evidence that Drazan is going to stand up against Portland? Because honestly I'm not really seeing anything. Again. She stayed behind to make quorum when the Oregon house passed the most recent bill that included safe storage and some other things as well as raising min ages...
I think the point is... given only 3 choices... will kotex? Absolutely not. Will johnson? She said she wouldn't. Will Drazen? A heck of a lot more likely than kotex or johnson. Some chance is better than none.

I fail to see any arguement in favor of kotex or johnson as preferrable over Drazen in that regard.

That's more the issue of the Board of education and all the district "leadership". Elections matter. Vote out the school board members and vote in those that would go against the Board of education.
Thank you for pointing that out. Everyone be sure to research the school board members before you check a box on the ballot.

True, but a governor is certainly in a position to help drive reform and influence the direction of public education in OR.

They endorse her but are 'deeply reserved' about her.

From the article
"Our endorsement, however, comes with deep reservations about Kotek's ability to overcome partisan gamesmanship, show independence from her longtime donors and lead with a true commitment to all Oregonians. Her opponents accurately and convincingly laid out why so many – even in Kotek's own party – are wary of her taking the reins, from broken promises to legislation she pushed that favors Democratic donors and allies. The abuses of one-party rule and Kotek's own manipulations make this our most conflicted endorsement in recent years"
Sounds like CYA

@Yarome sure..if you interpret "not loyal to either Party" as "sure I'll go along with whatever they want"; then yeah Betsy isn't a great choice.

On the other hand.. it could also mean "if this is not what the Oregonians wants, I'll veto it". (Likely she could veto or simply not sign bills that didn't go on the ballots *coughs SB941 "Emergency clause" coughs* )..

As for Drazan... okay. My big issue.

The last bunch of gun bills in Oregon sessions? She did not vote on them. Neither for nor against; just "present".

Versus Johnson... voted against them.

Versus Kotek..... signed endorsements for them and brought to Brown.

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads