JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
How's that different from Drazan who has voted against police? And stayed behind for State Legislature to make quorum and enabled them to pass bills with anti2A provisions?

Please note; Drazan has said "Oregon doesn't need "more gun laws" " instead of saying " I will work with The People to repeal and reverse Oregon's gun laws that are ineffective and does more harm than good".
That could indicate she may be more inclined to block further infringment... than say... johnson or kotex, but really.... we're kind of in a "not great, but better than worse or devil spawn"... as far as the choices we have before us.

Johnson's voting record is far more pro2A than Kotek's, and Drazan's silence/absence of any voting record regarding anti 2A bills is deafening. Johnsons County is a 2A Sanctuary. Clackamas, part of 39th District that Drazan represented is also a 2A Sanctuary County though.

Johnson's voting record is far more pro2A than Kotek's, and Drazan's silence/absence of any voting record regarding anti 2A bills is deafening. Johnsons County is a 2A Sanctuary. Clackamas, part of 39th District that Drazan represented is also a 2A Sanctuary County though.
It's certainly not great, no matter how you slice it. For me though, I'll take "she is the most likely of the 3 to veto any additional infringments" over "if that's what OR wants, I'll sign it!'

Considering that Drazen seems to hold the deepest contempt of kotex/brown-esk policies, flat out says she'll be shredding many of browns crap dictates as soon as shes in office and taking politics out of the classrooms... maybe she will and maybe she won't succeed, but the odds are more in favor of it than with Johnson... who doesn't seem to speak out with any conviction on much of anything other than, "I'll do whatever OR says they want without any loyalty to left or right agendas". IOW, let the woke continue to drag our state through the pigsty.

At least that's my read on it. Maybe she's just trying too hard to sell herself as the "I'm for OR candidate" without yet showing any real backbone or personal convictions about much that it just comes across that way, but... such as it is. Now is the time to impress the voters, and I for one just ain't feelin it.

Last Edited:
At least that's my read on it. Maybe she's just trying too hard to sell herself as the "I'm for OR candidate" without yet showing any real backbone or personal convictions
She ain't showing chit as far as I am concerned.

Just an old, liberal hippy from the '60's era who is just following the herd, and using the "I'll do whatever OR says they want without any loyalty to left or right agendas". to relieve herself from any persecution.

This is what we are now experiencing as SOME elements of our political system. Mumble mouthed, possibly drug affected wretches who think they have the ability to perform as public servants but are nothing but remnants of a past life they think they can resurrect.

Last Edited:

....just following the herd, and using the "I'll do whatever OR says they want without any loyalty to left or right agendas". to relieve herself from any persecution.
Can't argue that either. That's exactly my read as well. ;)

Just an old, liberal hippy from the '60's era who is just following the herd, and using the "I'll do whatever OR says they want without any loyalty to left or right agendas". to relieve herself from any persecution.

This is what we are now experiencing as SOME elements of our political system. Mumble mouthed, possibly drug affected wretches who think they have the ability to perform as public servants but are nothing but remnants of a past life they think they can resurrect.

BOOM!!

There is is!!

Mic drop on the spot!! :s0155:

Oh no, Im just stating that for a commercial he is in FULL ppe to convey he's a blue collar otherwise the folks watching online or watching TV wouldnt know.. basically their version of a blue collar costume.. not that its (ppe) uncommon. Its just out of place for the commercial is all.
The only people who wear new PPE like that are either office nerds visiting a job site or the company safety committee....or in this case, paid political actors.

-E-

You think they're worried? Drug poor old Sleepy Joe all the way to Oregon.

-E-
If they needed the support and presence of a creepy, senile President to boost their numbers, yes they're worried that Betsy is taking votes away from a solid D win, especially if Drazan continues to rally support and contributions to her own campaign. On the other hand... if enough registered R voters don't vote at all this cycle for whatever reasons... eh. Don't get hopes too far up is what I'm saying. Politicians aren't legally bound to their campaign promises just a FYI, and the only ones who seems to actually try to make good on them are the current ruling party with a D letter.

The only people who wear new PPE like that are either office nerds visiting a job site or the company safety committee....or in this case, paid political actors.

-E-
That's an extremely narrow view of the world, IMHO.

What about strippers just trying to earn an honest buck!? They gotta eat too, ya know. ;)

Last Edited:
That's an extremely narrow and view of the world, IMHO.

What about strippers just trying to earn an honest buck!? They gotta eat too, ya know. ;)
tumblr_fcbe1bac6254384fa8f7b24c80b8867c_624aeff1_500.jpg

I will vote for whoever has the best chance of defeating Kotek. She is campaigning on her past gun control efforts. If she wins, she will be even more emboldened.
If a Republican actually defeated Kotek despite her strong political connections, and won in Oregon, it would send a huge message to the current group of progressives running the government here.

18 years old's going to war don't have free access to firearms.
Where were you Mike? :s0092:
While in the Marines, I had a BAR and an M1 Rifle in my locker at all times. Granted while not in a war zone they were unloaded and I was not supposed to have any live ammunition in my posession. :s0123:

While in the Air Force, I was not issued a weapon and personal firearms had to be stored in the unit supply, one floor away in the barracks, or at the Rod & Gun Club, where they were accessible at any time during duty hours. :s0093:

Where were you Mike? :s0092:
While in the Marines, I had a BAR and an M1 Rifle in my locker at all times. Granted while not in a war zone they were unloaded and I was not supposed to have any live ammunition in my posession. :s0123:

While in the Air Force, I was not issued a weapon and personal firearms had to be stored in the unit supply, one floor away in the barracks, or at the Rod & Gun Club, where they were accessible at any time during duty hours. :s0093:
Military has changed since then unfortunately. And there are plenty of individuals in the military (I only have experience in the Marine Corps) who don't have the mental bandwidth between the ears to be trusted or responsible with a firearm. Luckily in the USMC you FAFO.

I will vote for whoever has the best chance of defeating Kotek. She is campaigning on her past gun control efforts. If she wins, she will be even more emboldened.
If a Republican actually defeated Kotek despite her strong political connections, and won in Oregon, it would send a huge message to the current group of progressives running the government here.
Exactly the way I think. I consider myself a moderate D but will no way go for an even worse Kate Brown II. I liked Johnson early on but it's clearly evident I'll now be going with Drazen to keep Kotek out. Even Nike's Phil Knight saw the writing on the wall and switched his mega buck donations to Drazen. Time for a change.

Exactly the way I think. I consider myself a moderate D but will no way go for an even worse Kate Brown II. I liked Johnson early on but it's clearly evident I'll now be going with Drazen to keep Kotek out. Even Nike's Phil Knight saw the writing on the wall and switched his mega buck donations to Drazen. Time for a change.
I'm pretty excited with the news that K. Drazen has a lead. I hope it will stay that way. And even grow.

Considering "Moderate" democrat. I'm not sure it's the same thing it was just 5-10 years ago, they've gone so far out there now.

I'm pretty excited with the news that K. Drazen has a lead. I hope it will stay that way. And even grow.

Considering "Moderate" democrat. I'm not sure it's the same thing it was just 5-10 years ago, they've gone so far out there now.
Hence the reason so many are walking away from the party.

I'm still looking at the numbers of registered voters by Party in Oregon

1,019,668 for the Democrats.

723,728 for the Republicans.

1,022,556 Non-Affiliated

201,679 3rd Parties/Others

RH6PGKLOZ5EJ5BFTYS6H2EAJQU.jpeg

Okay. So Drazan the Republican is polling in the lead by a few points...and that's just polling. (Remember 2016 with Hillary being declared winner by polling but Trump won by votes?)

if Betsy is pulling the votes away from Kotek, good news. If she's pulling the votes away from Drazan, (I see no evidence that she is, if anything, I see a lot of comments here and elsewhere that Betsy is too liberal/wishy-washy) then Kotek by the numbers has an easy win.

If say, Drazan has what 35% polling from registered Republicans? Eh that's a relatively dismal number considering that the Democrats have a numerical superiority of 10% or so... but again, if Johnson is pulling the votes away from the Democrats..... 🤔🤷‍♂️ on the other hand, if Drazan is picking up a lot of votes from the Non-affiliated bloc.. I'd be impressed. It ain't over until its over and until the Secretary of Oregon office counts the ballots :rolleyes:

I'm still looking at the numbers of registered voters by Party in Oregon

1,019,668 for the Democrats.

723,728 for the Republicans.

1,022,556 Non-Affiliated

201,679 3rd Parties/Others

View attachment 1293773

Okay. So Drazan the Republican is polling in the lead by a few points...and that's just polling. (Remember 2016 with Hillary being declared winner by polling but Trump won by votes?)

if Betsy is pulling the votes away from Kotek, good news. If she's pulling the votes away from Drazan, (I see no evidence that she is, if anything, I see a lot of comments here and elsewhere that Betsy is too liberal/wishy-washy) then Kotek by the numbers has an easy win.

If say, Drazan has what 35% polling from registered Republicans? Eh that's a relatively dismal number considering that the Democrats have a numerical superiority of 10% or so... but again, if Johnson is pulling the votes away from the Democrats..... 🤔🤷‍♂️ on the other hand, if Drazan is picking up a lot of votes from the Non-affiliated bloc.. I'd be impressed. It ain't over until its over and until the Secretary of Oregon office counts the ballots :rolleyes:
Where is that vote count info from?

The one from the SoS page shows different numbers per county totals.

This is as recent as October 2022

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews