JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here y'are..............

1572731744809.png

1572731928671.png

Truly terrifying stuff that happened in those days. And some men in the battle for Britain made of pretty stern stuff. I see those keep calm and carry on signs in light of the shelling, bombings, buzz bombs and have to admire the spirit of a people in peril keeping calm and carrying on. Thanks for the perspective.

That's some moving video tac. Thank you.....Also, Id like to believe it's not all massaged and bent/twisted to push some kind of agenda like all the media does now. Just pure, raw reality.

It's mind blowing watching those people doing what they had to do with being shelled from 30 miles away day after day, weekly, what ever. It makes me sad as hell that so many people now these days would need a safe space if their cell phone quit working. :(

Mike, the point of these Movietown and Pathe newsreels was definitely propagandist. They belittled the efforts of the nazis in every way possible at the time, be showing solidarity and defiance in trhe face of the most horrendous adversity imaginable. The Luftwaffe has genuinely flattened major European cities - Rotterdam, Warsaw and earlier, Guernicá in Spain, which the Luftwaffe used for live-fire practice.

Basically, all these movies, showing what would otherwise appear to be utter devastation, had a common theme - 'do your worst - WE will NOT be beaten!!!' And 'business as usual, in spite of not having a business any more...'

If you have minute of two, take a look at the city of Coventry after a visit by the Luftwaffe - the need for revenge was VERY strong after this ------

A great airplane, of that there is no doubt. ASnd very definitely THE most beautiful to see and hear in flight. I'm very lucky that I live so near the IWM Duxford, where I can see them fly almost every time I visit.

I have the reflector gunsight belonging to the Grace Spitifre. It was credited with shooting down the very first German airplane on D-Day. It came to me from the stores section at IACB Casement/Baldonnel, having been removed when its parent Spitfire was taken into back into service after conversion to a two-seater trainer after its active life was over. The British government had previously 'donated' a number of spitfires to the IAC.

Best not to ask quite how I got it, comprendé?

Mike, the point of these Movietown and Pathe newsreels was definitely propagandist. They belittled the efforts of the nazis in every way possible at the time, be showing solidarity and defiance in trhe face of the most horrendous adversity imaginable. The Luftwaffe has genuinely flattened major European cities - Rotterdam, Warsaw and earlier, Guernicá in Spain, which the Luftwaffe used for live-fire practice.

Basically, all these movies, showing what would otherwise appear to be utter devastation, had a common theme - 'do your worst - WE will NOT be beaten!!!' And 'business as usual, in spite of not having a business any more...'

If you have minute of two, take a look at the city of Coventry after a visit by the Luftwaffe - the need for revenge was VERY strong after this ------

No doubt, I see your point. But more like the pep-talk a coach give his team at half time when they're down by 10 points. Not such a bad thing at the time I think.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top