JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hmmm.....

Good: Killer burger, Tilt ( on Swan Island...it has been a few years for me though ), Midway pub in OC ( I will say, can be hit and miss..hit is awesome, miss is "pretty good ")

I can't completely condem, but I'll say "Over rated" : Red Robin, Stanich's, McMenamins...

I have yet to try 5 guys....:(

Killer Burger and Tilt.

Otherwise i prefer taking the time and trouble to make my own.
I grind tri tip and bacon together. A slab of good blue cheese and some properly caramelized onions. On a bun.
Nothing else needed.
Oh yeah, I make 8 ounce patties.

Surprised to hear so many like Five Guys. I have only eaten at the new one in Bend a couple of times, but was sorely unimpressed both times. Meat was greasy and mushy in texture. Veggies were ok, but not the freshest, and the bun was soggy as a sponge. Maybe their other locations have it down better than the newer one here in Bend. Thought after the first time that it was a "new" crew that hadn't gotten it right yet, so I waited a few months and went back. Saw lots of new faces behind the counter, but got the same quality food again. Won't be spending the $14 for a burger fries and a drink at Five Guys ever again.

Surprised to hear so many like Five Guys. I have only eaten at the new one in Bend a couple of times, but was sorely unimpressed both times. Meat was greasy and mushy in texture. Veggies were ok, but not the freshest, and the bun was soggy as a sponge. Maybe their other locations have it down better than the newer one here in Bend. Thought after the first time that it was a "new" crew that hadn't gotten it right yet, so I waited a few months and went back. Saw lots of new faces behind the counter, but got the same quality food again. Won't be spending the $14 for a burger fries and a drink at Five Guys ever again.

Exactly what I thought when I went to the one in West Linn. For the price, McMillionaires (McMenamins) is one door away and has good beer, too.

+1 for 5 Guys, not the best, but for a fast food place, they are up near the top. For actual fast food, I think Carl's does it best.

Actual best burgers are mine and my fathers, we've really perfected the art of a good burger, but that's not the topic here.

The one that truly surprised me was Denny's in Canby. Normally I wouldn't order a burger at a place like that, but one day I just really wanted one. Holy crap was I shocked at what I got. 2 hand-formed patties, juicy, beefy, great texture and awesome taste. I was truly surprised and really enjoyed that burger. I haven't been back since, but I'm curious to try them again and see if that was just a fluke since places like that aren't usually known to do things like hand-form their own patties. I actually paid my compliments to the chef - first time I've ever done that in a place like Denny's. I have to wonder if they all do it that way, or if that particular location does it that way of their own accord?

The one that truly surprised me was Denny's in Canby. Normally I wouldn't order a burger at a place like that, but one day I just really wanted one. Holy crap was I shocked at what I got. 2 hand-formed patties, juicy, beefy, great texture and awesome taste. I was truly surprised and really enjoyed that burger. I haven't been back since, but I'm curious to try them again and see if that was just a fluke since places like that aren't usually known to do things like hand-form their own patties. I actually paid my compliments to the chef - first time I've ever done that in a place like Denny's. I have to wonder if they all do it that way, or if that particular location does it that way of their own accord?

Denny's British burger was always good one as I recall. Haven't had one in years though. They were even better after a late night out.

Hmmph....Denny's doesn't have a British Burger anymore? Well, my bar hopping day ARE LOONG gone. I swear it was Denny's, and as I recall it was a double-decker thing. I googled and couldn't find anything? But boy, they sure make everything look good in the pictures. Unfortunately the food served doesn't usually match the pics.

Okay, I'm not crazy!

Ripoff Report | Denny's Complaint Review San Antonio, Texas: 204832

#2 Consumer Comment

Denny's has a History alright.
AUTHOR: M (FlyingScooter) - (U.S.A.)
SUBMITTED: Friday, November 03, 2006

I can't say that racism is in their history, though.

Back in early Denny's days, when they had the British Burger (first restaurant burger with bacon on it)
if you ordered breakfast, nine times out of ten, they'd bring you mustard for your pancakes instead of syrup. I'd get fries and they'd bring out syrup instead of ketchup.

They were always a bit off, but we still went there until their sausage links came out looking like severed monkey fingers. In the thirty plus years i've gone to Denny's, I've never seen anything racist about the place. Of course, cleveland is a fairly racially mixed-up place anyway, which really isn't a bad thing.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

Wow Burger in Wilsonville is my latest find. Really, really, really good meat cooked the way you want and a home made bun that maybe the best one ever. Toppings are great as are the scratch made sauces.

Two names I haven't seen posted are great notion brewing on Alberta, the former mash tun. The other is stormbreaker brewing in Mississippi, the old amnesia space.

Killer burger and tilt are both good as well.

Twin Oaks Diner south of Hillsboro has great burgers and quality meat. Helvetia is pretty good.

You have to go to Central Oregon to get good burgers. There is a joint in Prairie City that makes the best burger I have ever ate, followed by a piece of home made apple pie, top with home made ice cream top dressed with a shot of Baileys drizzled over the top. Oh..I digress a bit there. The meat was from Painted Hills Ranch outside of John Day. Pretty decent burger at the Sand Bagger Saloon at Crooked River Ranch too.

That place out at Summer Lake has a great burger as well. In reality the best burger around is served at my place, where some Grade A ground elk is prepared with a light dry rub, cooked on a Trager with a hickory smoke, with cold smoked Tillamook Cheddar Cheese. Sided with home grown tomatoes in season, organic baby salad greens, and a sourdough bun.

The meat is everything in a good burger. My first choice is ground elk, I get it at The Meating Place on Cornelius Pass Rd at West Union Rd. Second choice is a grass fed Black Angus beef finished with a non GMO finishing ration. Painted Hills beef available at The Meating Place too. The meat at chain stores is marginal at best. You have no idea what it is or where it came from.

Twin Oaks Diner south of Hillsboro has great burgers and quality meat. Helvetia is pretty good.

You have to go to Central Oregon to get good burgers. There is a joint in Prairie City that makes the best burger I have ever ate, followed by a piece of home made apple pie, top with home made ice cream top dressed with a shot of Baileys drizzled over the top. Oh..I digress a bit there. The meat was from Painted Hills Ranch outside of John Day. Pretty decent burger at the Sand Bagger Saloon at Crooked River Ranch too.

That place out at Summer Lake has a great burger as well. In reality the best burger around is served at my place, where some Grade A ground elk is prepared with a light dry rub, cooked on a Trager with a hickory smoke, with cold smoked Tillamook Cheddar Cheese. Sided with home grown tomatoes in season, organic baby salad greens, and a sourdough bun.

The meat is everything in a good burger. My first choice is ground elk, I get it at The Meating Place on Cornelius Pass Rd at West Union Rd. Second choice is a grass fed Black Angus beef finished with a non GMO finishing ration. Painted Hills beef available at The Meating Place too. The meat at chain stores is marginal at best. You have no idea what it is or where it came from.

Also GREAT painted hills burgers in Mitchell a ways past Prineville. I'm going to have to plan a trip though there and Prairie City to see which I like the best. Might take several tries to determine the winner...

The Market of Choice in West Linn along Highway 42 carries painted hills beef - it really is the best beef I've had yet.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top