JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a specwar 7.62 and while it is rated for short bursts of full auto. I really don't want to wreck a suppressor so I am wondering if there is one that is just flat out F/A rated, where a mag dump won't be a problem. Any recommendations?

Huxwrx Flow 556k.

Shot it in a Fart15 equipped belt fed fightlite upper. Was really nice considering the chaos going on in front of my face.

For a mag dump there are a lot of options, heck most can's rated for 5.56 will handle it. It sounds like you are wanting extreme durability so you can mag dump as much or as little as you want without concern. Look for something like the Dead Air Sandman, Sierra 5 or similar that use Cobalt 6 or Inconel baffles (YHM uses an Inconel blast baffle on the Turbo series).

Huxwrx Flow 556k.

Shot it in a Fart15 equipped belt fed fightlite upper. Was really nice considering the chaos going on in front of my face.
This looks intriguing. Obviously holding off any new NFA stuff for the next 3 months as that is our anticipated leaving of the state, but doing my reading to prep for it. The specwar just gets too hot, too fast.

For a mag dump there are a lot of options, heck most can's rated for 5.56 will handle it. It sounds like you are wanting extreme durability so you can mag dump as much or as little as you want without concern. Look for something like the Dead Air Sandman, Sierra 5 or similar that use Cobalt 6 or Inconel baffles (YHM uses an Inconel blast baffle on the Turbo series).
That is exactly what I want. To be able to mag dump without concern. (This is out of a Lage Max11/15 upper just FWIW)

There are more rated for full auto than not. I would suggest looking at silencershop.com and go down the rabbit hole

That is exactly what I want. To be able to mag dump without concern. (This is out of a Lage Max11/15 upper just FWIW)
I've dumped mag after mag through my Turbo. It ain't no flow though though, so it was gassy as a Mofo.

I've dumped mag after mag through my Turbo. It ain't no flow though though, so it was gassy as a Mofo.
The Specwar gets hot. When I took it out with the Lage, snow was on the ground and I believe I melted several cubic feet trying to keep the suppressor cool enough. It was pretty gassy, but not intolerable. The d60 drums run like a dream in it, though

I totally understand your hesitation about wrecking your suppressor during full-auto fun. Lucky for you, there are suppressors that can handle sustained full-auto action without breaking a sweat. Take a look at the SureFire SOCOM556-RC2 or the Dead Air Sandman-S. They're built tough and can handle those mag dumps like a champ

The Specwar gets hot. When I took it out with the Lage, snow was on the ground and I believe I melted several cubic feet trying to keep the suppressor cool enough. It was pretty gassy, but not intolerable. The d60 drums run like a dream in it, though
Oh the turbo gets hot. As did the Huxwrx. That's inevitable shooting large volume.

While the heat won't likely hurt the Specwar, the drastic change from hot to cold can.

I bring up the Huxwrx as it, thus far, has been the most pleasant 223/556 can I've ever shot on an AR style weapon in quick order. Far less gas. Though the tone is a bit different than a baffle stack can, it's decent enough to shoot on a 16" barrel without ear pro. My turbo is decent on an 11.5" SBR without ear pro, however it's much more gassy than other 223/556 cabs out there. Even my R9 on a 16" barrel sounds good and is far less gassy than the Turbo. Likely do to oversized holes!

The new Turbo T3 is supposed to be a reduced back pressure design, as is the dead air Sandman. As stated above, mag dumps are going to generate significant heat, regardless of what can you choose.

I would also make sure whatever can you choose to go with, they stand by their cans with an exceptional, no questions asked warranty. Since you never know when something might happen whether by accident or mistake. It is great peace of mind knowing they are going to get you back in business assuming the serial# isn't destroyed.

Oh the turbo gets hot. As did the Huxwrx. That's inevitable shooting large volume.

While the heat won't likely hurt the Specwar, the drastic change from hot to cold can.

I bring up the Huxwrx as it, thus far, has been the most pleasant 223/556 can I've ever shot on an AR style weapon in quick order. Far less gas. Though the tone is a bit different than a baffle stack can, it's decent enough to shoot on a 16" barrel without ear pro. My turbo is decent on an 11.5" SBR without ear pro, however it's much more gassy than other 223/556 cabs out there. Even my R9 on a 16" barrel sounds good and is far less gassy than the Turbo. Likely do to oversized holes!
Got glowey pretty quick. That I let air cool but after that we ended up chilling it out frequently. It doesn't take many rounds to get it to melt snow. (10 or so)

Huxwrx Flow 556k.

Hux has also recently come out and said that they can be rebuilt if sent in. They essentially cut off the ends and then rebuild it with another 3D printed center. So... Go for it.

I would also check out Silencerco Velos LBP (Low Brack Pressure)
They're also having a BOGO event going right now so you could pick up a free omega with the purchase of the Velos. Its a Full Auto Rated and No Barrel Length Restrictions.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top