JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm realizing the need and value of a reliable, quality flashlight. As I'm newer to guns, I know virtually nothing about flashlights. And so I'd love to hear what others here in this forum think. Here's my preferences:

Under $40.
Around 200 lumens although 300 would be great too.
Small enough to carry in pocket
Not necessarily for EDC but either for use at home or for carrying.
Reliable.
Battery operated, not rechargeable.
Not too many settings such as strobe.
Back button operated is preferable.

Hopefully I'm not being too unreasonable or unrealistic. Thanks in advance for all your answers.

I'm still stuck with mag lights...

I keep a 2 triple A led with me. I think I paid less then $20 for it at Bimart.

Habbit I guess from so many year they were King.

Still keep the 3 D cell (also LED now) on the nightstand for light and a club;)

The guys over on Budget Light Forum are fanatics on this. The BLF A6 was a recent project that they designed which Banggood right now has for $19.95, a fantastic price for the quality and would fit your criteria. This question gets asked in various forms all the time over there: USB rechargable, small 1x18650 thrower for camping/hiking with good CRI | BudgetLightForum.com and much like the "which is better .45 or 9mm" or AR or AK discourse here, it can go on for a long time:). Well worth perusing but be carfeul or you'll get sucked in:D.

The battery for the A6 is a rechargeable lithuim 18650 that will outperform any alkaline, but you will need to buy a charger. The VC2 by Xtar will do the job quite nicely. The Nitecore MH20 and MH20GT are excellent flashlights and have a mini-usb port built in to charge, which is nice if you are camping and want to recharge it there. I got a 20 for $49, which is the best sale price I've seen. Excellent flashlights.

On batteries, don't cheap out. Stick with Sanyo or Panasonic and you won't be going wrong as long as they are not knockoffs.

Last Edited:
I just purchased two mini mags for when I end up in crawl spaces or attics. They were both on clearance so I paid a whopping $7 for both, I like the mag light as they seem to be durable but the incandescent bulb leave some room for improvement. No button activation but also no stobe which I think is good, I definitely need to try the LED replacement but they work for the intended purpose.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top