JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mixed reviews.

Before I bought, I was on the notification list for the one in the link. When I rec'd the email, I was ready to buy, so I clicked the link. When it redirected, they were already sold out! So, my original plans come to play. I might buy a PSA later to give them a shot.

For my pistol build, I'm leaning towards a Colt 607ish-609ish-629ish retro, but with the flattop upper/detachable carry handle. Not sure if I want the six-hole (skinny) hand guards, or the triangular.

I have 3 11.5 pistols with BCM uppers one being hammer forged, one 10.5 pistol built from random parts, leftovers and trades and one 14.5 BCM pistol cuz I am too cheap to pay the tax stamp but wanted a legit 14.5 bbl not pinned. I all ready had a 14.5 pinned flash hider on a rifle so I needed the pistol to match.

Two with a SIG brace one with a blade brace and two with foam covered KAK extended pistol tubes.

All on Anderson lowers with lower/trigger kits from Rock River, KAK, DPMS and BCM running H2 buffers to slow the recoil and cycle time down. All run great with no issues.

With the 10.5 and longer bbs there is not usually too many issue but as they get shorter they become a bit more finicky on ammo and just plain functionality. But if you are willing to play with them to get them to work they seem to work great for a very long time. There are very few bad one out there it just depends on the options you want like chrome line bore and what not.

Have fun and enjoy your build.

Its getting harder and harder to find fixed carry handle upper. I dont know of anyone that makes a short barrel. I hear Colt is supposed to come out with a fixed handle complete vietnam style rifle but given Colts track record I wouldnt hold my breath. Maybe some parts will filter through the system. I'd love to build an XM177 clone to go along with my M4 clone . Havent seen a old aluminum 2 position buttstock in years though.

Update. took me 3 seconds to find a buttstock with the old google fu. It would have to be a labor of love though 'cause if I remember right those things really suck.

C.A.R. Stock (aluminum) | Tony's Customs

Same guy has A2 upper receivers for sale. Dont see any teardrop forward assist A1's though. Ive heard the NDS upper receivers are a bit soft. Brownells sells a stripped one.

Last Edited:
AR15-Pistol.jpg No idea if an AR pistol will be to my liking. I had to put one together to see. Function tested only at this point.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top