JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all, ar15 pistol build in mind. I know there are relevant topics, though not with my criteria.
I want to buy a known good complete 11.5" upper. Budget (max)= $700. Or less!

Uppers considered
BCM 11.5" Standard ($500 plus more $$$ for BCG, CH & FH) Other BCM suggestions?
Colt LE6933 11.5 Commando (complete for $600)
Other complete uppers I'll take into the equation!

All input considered. Thanks

Ive got several short uppers on SBR's from Colt, Anderson, PSA etc. 7.5"-14.5" All of them work the same and I dont have hiccups with any of them. More money isnt going to get you more upper BTW. My 5.56 10.5" Radical upper is one of the most accurate uppers I own and has never failed to do anything. At $300 I feel like I stole it.

xtMEvi.jpg

I'm going to look into the Radical Firearms, though in the near future, planned to pick up a Colt 6933 and pay for the stamp. Then I'd have an extra upper for it. $600, yeah it's a little steep, for an upper, But. To add into things, I have a shiny new Colt carry handle that needs a home.

Last Edited:
Not out! That was my original plan, Joe. I bought four Anderson lowers last week!
Just a little side trip without a map!

I BRAKE for tailgaters :D

As crazy as it may be, I purchased through ArmsUnlimited. I've wanted a Colt 6933, so, buying this upper will add some heat under my butt to buy one!

Thanks for your input @wired,

Ive got several short uppers on SBR's from Colt, Anderson, PSA etc. 7.5"-14.5" All of them work the same and I dont have hiccups with any of them. More money isnt going to get you more upper BTW. My 5.56 10.5" Radical upper is one of the most accurate uppers I own and has never failed to do anything. At $300 I feel like I stole it.

View attachment 315745

You paid $300 for an RA 10.5 upper? Then I did steal mine at $199.95 last fall. Mine shoots accurate as well but the hand guard looks like it belongs on a WWI Spandau aeroplane machine gun....Weird barrel nut so I can't easily change it out.... So I live with it. With an RDS it cost me less than 500 to build, am putting on a KAK brace as soon as I get a new barrel nut (PSA's pistol buffer tube is not really compatible with the KAK). So far I like Radical Firearms products.

Brutus Out

I'm going to look into the Radical Firearms, though in the near future, planned to pick up a Colt 6933 and pay for the stamp. Then I'd have an extra upper for it. $600, yeah it's a little steep, for an upper, But. To add into things, I have a shiny new Colt carry handle that needs a home.

I have a Radical 7.5" upper and frankly the gas block was loose out of the box and has loosened up again.

I'd recommend JSE Surplus for a low cost, yet reliable pistol (or carbine) upper.
They have a number of pistol 5.56mm uppers in the low $400's. The have a 9mm uppers as well for comparable prices.

KAK brace kit and Anderson lower parts kit on the way.
I just want it functional. I'll revise things later if needed.

You paid $300 for an RA 10.5 upper? Then I did steal mine at $199.95 last fall. Mine shoots accurate as well but the hand guard looks like it belongs on a WWI Spandau aeroplane machine gun....Weird barrel nut so I can't easily change it out.... So I live with it. With an RDS it cost me less than 500 to build, am putting on a KAK brace as soon as I get a new barrel nut (PSA's pistol buffer tube is not really compatible with the KAK). So far I like Radical Firearms products.

Brutus Out

I'm adding in the BCG and charging handle cost. I did change out the rail to a el cheapo keymod and liked it so much I had to buy 4 more of them for other guns.

Luck of the draw with PSA. Ive had a few and one had to go back twice to get the front sight on straight. Finally just said screw it and put on a low profile gas block and keymod .

I avoided PSA due to the canted sight issue. Easily remedied, but I want the basics.
Parts arrived today. The Shockwave Blade and KAK tube kit, mounted and ready.
The Anderson LPK (trigger got some polishing love) was installed without issue. Or scratches!

Bring on the upper! :cool:

I went this route <broken link removed>

It's my 2nd PSA upper, no complaints on either of them.

The one mentioned above by Flopsweat with their other daily deal with the FA BCG and 120rds of 5.56 wouldnt be too bad.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top