JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi, I'm new to the forums, and relatively new to gun collecting (addiction?). I don't own a car, and so to make transporting my guns to the range, or out to the dump, I feel like a concealed permit is the only real option. Although, I'm not going to say that carrying would not make me feel infinitely safer in a more and more unsafe world. I would go to OFA for the class, but the not having a car is not so convenient in getting to Lebanon. So what I want to know is this: are there any good instructors in the Portland Metro area?

If this is in the wrong area for this question, let me know and I will gladly move it.

Thanks,
Jordan

The 5th of dec. northwest armory is having a class. That is when and were I am going.
I will lokk for the info I have and post it.
Heading off to work now so I will try to get it up wednesday or so or just give them a call.

The Clackamas County Sheriff's training center will do a full hands on practical. That's a *great* course.

If you are more in a hurry, the Multnomah Sheriff's station at around 122nd and Glisan does either monthly or weekly evening classes that only require one non-hands-on class ($20).

So there's the good experience vs. hurry and cheap.

Thank you very much for your input. I think I will do the Multnomah Sheriff's class just for streamlining this whole process. Once I'm licensed, I can legally take my gun to a real range for a more in depth and thorough class. At least, that seems like a decent plan to me. The OFA class looks like a fun and useful way to spend a day even if I already have the license.

The Clackamas County Sheriff's training center will do a full hands on practical. That's a *great* course.

If you are more in a hurry, the Multnomah Sheriff's station at around 122nd and Glisan does either monthly or weekly evening classes that only require one non-hands-on class ($20).

So there's the good experience vs. hurry and cheap.
+1
Try the PSTC- Public Safety Training Center

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class