JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi, I'm new to the forums, and relatively new to gun collecting (addiction?). I don't own a car, and so to make transporting my guns to the range, or out to the dump, I feel like a concealed permit is the only real option. Although, I'm not going to say that carrying would not make me feel infinitely safer in a more and more unsafe world. I would go to OFA for the class, but the not having a car is not so convenient in getting to Lebanon. So what I want to know is this: are there any good instructors in the Portland Metro area?

If this is in the wrong area for this question, let me know and I will gladly move it.

Thanks,
Jordan

The 5th of dec. northwest armory is having a class. That is when and were I am going.
I will lokk for the info I have and post it.
Heading off to work now so I will try to get it up wednesday or so or just give them a call.

The Clackamas County Sheriff's training center will do a full hands on practical. That's a *great* course.

If you are more in a hurry, the Multnomah Sheriff's station at around 122nd and Glisan does either monthly or weekly evening classes that only require one non-hands-on class ($20).

So there's the good experience vs. hurry and cheap.

Thank you very much for your input. I think I will do the Multnomah Sheriff's class just for streamlining this whole process. Once I'm licensed, I can legally take my gun to a real range for a more in depth and thorough class. At least, that seems like a decent plan to me. The OFA class looks like a fun and useful way to spend a day even if I already have the license.

The Clackamas County Sheriff's training center will do a full hands on practical. That's a *great* course.

If you are more in a hurry, the Multnomah Sheriff's station at around 122nd and Glisan does either monthly or weekly evening classes that only require one non-hands-on class ($20).

So there's the good experience vs. hurry and cheap.
+1
Try the PSTC- Public Safety Training Center

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews