JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's a lot more gun than I need. Recoil and I are not friends.

And no elk I've ever shot, or seen shot, with the Mighty -08, had much time to complain about the lack of velocity.

P

.30/06, cause dead don't care! Your do your part, it does it's! Long range, Not a Problem, that old girl been dancing that tune for over 100 years and is still going strong! Ain't nuthin changed to make it less capable, and all them new fancy fangled chamberings don't really do a whole lot better unless you wanna play the "Who recoils more, makes grown men flinch"

.30/06, cause dead don't care! Your do your part, it does it's! Long range, Not a Problem, that old girl been dancing that tune for over 100 years and is still going strong! Ain't nuthin changed to make it less capable, and all them new fancy fangled chamberings don't really do a whole lot better unless you wanna play the "Who recoils more, makes grown men flinch"
Do you still dope the silk covering on your wings, too? :)

that's a joke... I have no emoticons anymore... :(
edit: list of emoticons I should say...

Ok boomer

To be fair, the 6.5 mm caliber has been doing it since 1893 -- not so much "manbun" as noted above, more lambchops and handlebar mustaches I think.

EDIT: I have 6.5x55 rifle and it's the sort of thing I can shoot all day even with a bad shoulder and elbow. Plus it has 13 years of experience on that 30/06 young'un.

Do you still dope the silk covering on your wings, too? :)

that's a joke... I have no emoticons anymore... :(
Sure do, but recently switched to Dura-Cover, much simpler, and no more taping or re-enforcing it ether! Bonus is I don't have to do all that sealing, priming in all 4 directions, painting, and top coating, it's truly a one and done deal! :cool:

Savage Trophy hunter model 111 in 30-06 will take any game in North America with the right load.. I have seen teen aged girls take nice big bull Elk with a .243 and I have watched big macho men take three shots on the sight in bench with a 7mm Mag or 300 win mag and get within 3" of the bull and call it quits from the recoil. While there 1209lb girlfriends and wives are shooting a box of .243 and making quarter sized groups dead on the money.

My Opinion you asked,.

Two more one-shot kills for the Mighty -08!

D952953B-75C3-40BA-BE08-FBF6BD9A83B4.jpeg

FC7A947F-9AF2-47EB-B638-4DC9F30972C4.jpeg

The 5x5 was a big SOB.

You might want more gun, but you don't need more gun.

P

I thought this was a thread about of the shelf rifles? Didn't know I was getting into NWFA caliber debate #8953

Howa 1500, Tikka/Beretta T3, Bergara B14, Savage 10/110- all excellent and accurate enough- i'd look for a gently used specimen.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top