JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I want the best hearing protection that I can get, but I am ready to get some electronic or amplified protection. I typically use plugs and muffs, and have never used any type of amplified or electronic hearing protection. I am just starting to research this, and thought this would be a good place to ask. Two questions:

1) I know there are advantages (being able to hear your shooting partner), but are there disadvantages?
2) What do you recommend? (and do you recommend it on personal use or your own research?)

I have two pairs of Howard Leight Impact Pro. I use the older pair when I do yard work. When I shoot indoors I also put ear plugs in as well.

Last Edited:
Holy COW. That is a lot of responses in a short time. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Any other's out there? I really want to research them all and make the correct choice the FIRST time.

Pro Ears.
Pro Tac Gold. I have been using this brand for almost ten years. They have taken all kinds of abuse and weather. i just ordered my first replacement set because I have relegated my old set to 'work only'. A great investment.

Howard Leight pro electronic best money spent, works amazing. So mush so I use it for other things
that are loud.. can't go wrong with these guys.

I have four or five different kinds they are all good hold on I will go take pictures I can't remember what .kind they are .
But they can get exspesive

I have the Peltor 300 tactical with the added gel cushions. The gel cushions allow all day comfort. The Peltors work excellent outdoors with shotguns, rifles, and pistols. When shooting indoors I still wear both ear plugs and muffs.

Okay this is what I could find that was not packed away just remember lol I'm kinda OCD ABOUT COLOR so I got green zombie to go with the green zombie gun and so on .
Pro ears then black peltor TACTICAL MVIMG_20180421_170445.jpg MVIMG_20180421_170450.jpg MVIMG_20180421_170513.jpg MVIMG_20180421_170559.jpg MVIMG_20180421_170617.jpg .there not cheap .
And I got some Howard Leight . purple for my sister they match her gun and I also have some other HOWARD LEIGHT BLACK ONES

Just to put it out there I think I paid about 60 bucks for the HOWARD LEIGHT AND LIKE 8O FOR THE PELTOR I can't remember but something like that

I have the walker game pro (by Howard Leight). The electronics amazed me as well as others that have tried them. The reason I chose them was the NRR of 30. Even the expensive ones couldn't claim that. I don't feel the need to double up ear pro anymore.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews