JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I badly want one of those, but $3000+ on gun broker? Ouch!

One of the poorest firearms decisions I ever made was to pass on a Chantilly HK P7M13 fat trigger. And get this...because $50.00 kept me and the seller apart. I offered $1200 and he was firm on $1250.00. It was several years ago and even then a very good buy.. especially with the 6 restricted magazines. :s0054:

One of the poorest firearms decisions I ever made was to pass on a Chantilly HK P7M13 fat trigger. And get this...because $50.00 kept me and the seller apart. I offered $1200 and he was firm on $1250.00. It was several years ago and even then a very good buy.. especially with the 6 restricted magazines. :s0054:
Meh. Paid $700 for my P7. I thought it was a lousy gun and sold it after a couple of boxes of 9mm through it. Heavy as hell bad trigger guard design that pinched my pinger making it uncomfortable to shoot and it got hot as well fast.

Not me! I would imagine anything after the 7 magazines I've ran through them consecutively is gonna burn, and even that got hot! I'm strictly talking about my all time favorites. I grew up on BHP I have shot them from 11 years old and on, some 40 years now. The P7 I have been shooting for 20 years and I perform well with it, it fits my hand perfectly, just like the BHP. As far as heavy the P7 is and after scouring for the perfect holster, I found the Kramer to fit me the best without printing and being all day comfortable.

"If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all."

Book_Of_Browning.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Whatever fits your hand is the correct answer.

There are lots of different geometries, and the reason there are so many is that there are lots of different hand types. I have huge palms and short, stubby fingers. For this reason handguns like the 1911 do not work well for me; the controls are all too far away for me to operate without having to break my grip. Guns like the Sig 2xx series, however, have controls close enough that I can reach them easily.

The same can be said for grip angle. This all comes down to things like natural wrist angle, your own personal palm swell and how your fingers line up at the first joint. Some people will wind up with a larger natural cant than others, and that means different grip angles will be preferable.

What works really well for you may not work for someone else at all.

I think even too many top trainers miss this point, often advocating for the setup that fits their ergonomics best, not realizing that this may not be a perfect match for the people they are training.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top