JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess it depends. If we are talking raw accuracy, reliability, adaptability, concealability....

The most accurate gun, for me, is a hammer fired gun like a P226 or 1911. The Sig isn't very adaptable to lefties or people with smaller hands and its a chunky option as a carry gun. 1911s are a little more lefty friendly, but not by much. They are slim and easier to hide. But, also can be fickle without regular maintenance. Both are heavy.

Glocks, and even more so M&Ps, are very adaptable but I'm just not as accurate with them. Both, Glocks especially, are very reliable and light enough to carry.

Everything is a trade-off

1911 and 226, in that order.

The 1911 fits me the best of any, and the 226 shoots so incredibly easy.

And the 226 with the E2 grip fits folks with smaller hands.

I suspect the fit of any given handgun greatly influences what a feller perceives to be the best handgun.

Last Edited:
For a "modern" hand gun .... I vote for the 1911

'Course my favorite hand guns are the Colt 1st Model Dragoon and the Colt 1860 Army...
So my modern may be different than other peoples modern....:D
Andy

For reliability and utility I'd say Glock.
For accuracy and looks I'd say 1911.

The 226 is VERY "right handed" so nope.
The Beretta is ok. A fairly antiquated design that dies a slow death with each passing year.
The Hi-Power will always be iconic but is anything but.

So... A metal framed hammer fired pistol another, another and another or a plastic striker fired pistol? Need a qualifier for "best"

It was a multiple choice test with trick questions.. Not all of the correct answer(s) were available.:cool:

There's a "correct" answer??? :eek::eek::eek:

Break
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Then

Glock

In that order.

I don't know anything about Hi Powers, but hey, it's a John Browning design yes?

I have a Glocks. Ruger and a few other stuff .
I shoot my Kimber 1911 the best .
But I carry my glock19x .
Basically just because of capacity.
I can carry one mag in the gun and a extra mag and have 35 rounds.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top