Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Best All Around Semi-Auto Shot Gun

Reactions
Thinking of buying a auto loader that can be used for waterfowl upland game birds. I'm sure there's many just wanting to see what everyone is using. And yes I've shot many makes just hard decision so was looking for opinions on your fave bird gun. Thank you
Check out the Franchi Affinity

Alexx1401

Reactions
Thinking of buying a auto loader that can be used for waterfowl upland game birds. I'm sure there's many just wanting to see what everyone is using. And yes I've shot many makes just hard decision so was looking for opinions on your fave bird gun. Thank you
I for decades used to recommend one of the favorite pumps for this. Rem, Win, Moss, as long as you could add other barrels to one. That way you could have one that would do everything including home. Recently though I have become quite enamored with the Mossy 930 line. The more I read of them and hear from owners the more one keeps moving up the want list. I don't hunt any more and only shotgun I still own is a safe queen used to be "house gun". Still these things are such a great platform they make even me want one. For the budget you mention you could easily get into one and they can be set up to do everything. Can be set up for any kind of hunting and a nice home gun. I just don't hear any downside to them.

Joe13

Reactions
I for decades used to recommend one of the favorite pumps for this. Rem, Win, Moss, as long as you could add other barrels to one. That way you could have one that would do everything including home. Recently though I have become quite enamored with the Mossy 930 line. The more I read of them and hear from owners the more one keeps moving up the want list. I don't hunt any more and only shotgun I still own is a safe queen used to be "house gun". Still these things are such a great platform they make even me want one. For the budget you mention you could easily get into one and they can be set up to do everything. Can be set up for any kind of hunting and a nice home gun. I just don't hear any downside to them.
If I had to choose a mossburg then I'd go with the 930 as well.:D

Reactions
Only semis I have used are the Mossberg 930 and 935. Liked the 930 so much that when I decided to add a 3.5" chamber to the collection I didn't hesitate and grabbed the 935.

Reactions
Benelli m2. Or I'd take a hard look at the Remington Versa Max. Don't have any direct experience with the Versa Max but have heard a lot of good things. Would try to rent one and see what I think.

Twodogs

Reactions
I've got a Benelli super black eagle that has been a great shotgun used it on everything from chuckers to turkeys. might have to look at a used one to get under a $1000.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Klickitat County Firearms Training Facility
    4.00 star(s)
    Not really a range guy, as in I am 53 years old and today is the very first time I have been to an actual managed shooting range. Also, not a WA...
    • CRBMoA
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    I've made several purchases here over the past few years and I've had a great experience every time. Prices are good, their staff is helpful, and...
    • Joe Link
  • Big Iron Armory
    5.00 star(s)
    It's great to have an LGS inside Portland Metro. Walt and Noah have put care into setting good prices and acquiring quality firearms and...
    • kr0ptkin
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Well I finally got around to taking pics of the Cerakoting work that Jeremy of Lucky Sports did for my wife and me about 3 weeks ago. We couldn't...
    • jg rider
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Here's more work that Jeremy did for me The first 3 pics are of an RIA frame that I had Cerakoted years back by an outfit in Molino. I had Jeremy...
    • jg rider

Staff online