JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Super neato. What type of can?

No experience with TİSAŞ. But, yah, with those low price point Turkish guns, I'm not going to roll the dice. I've seen both over-unders and HD type scatterguns from there, but I'm sticking with mainstream offerings.
Phoenix weaponry. You send them you barrel and they make the modifications. Pretty customizable to size and diameter.

On idea would be go with this:

View attachment 1824721

Replace the furniture from this:

View attachment 1824722

Then put on a quality light system.

Any reason why that would be a no-go? Anyone know where the furniture could be sourced? Thanks!
That would be SHARP! I have always really had a thing for nice wood furniture on guns. I know its not as "practical" and all but I just love the way it looks.

Good idea. I'm not finding the furniture on Mossberg; at least on the online parts store. Might have to call them. I'll check the others shortly.
Here's for the 930/935. I'm thinking of replacing my black synthetic stock and forearm on my 930 SPX
Not currently in stock, but you can setup a notification alert.

Depending on your budget and would get a Beretta 1301 tactical. I have an FN 18" SLP but FN does not make SLP shotguns anymore. There is Benelli or Mossburg 930 shotguns. When I was looking at semi-auto shotguns I did look at the 930 but at the time some people would get no jams but others were getting constant jams reading reviews and watch YT videos as well. So I went with the SLP instead and really like it and still use it.

Might not exactly fit your needs, but I have to recommend the IWI tavor 12. Incredibly fun, reliable, and well built. Shoots high and low brass. Bird, buck, and slugs. I tend to shoot 200 rounds each time I take it out. I've only had it a short while so it's at about 1k rounds. It's short overall and balances well, but does feel wide compared to a traditional shotgun. Cleaning is really easy as take down is well thought out. I think I'll suppress it down the road. No need to SBS it as it's already pretty short. I'm not a bull pup fan, but this gun with 17 rounds ghost loaded is awesome.

IMG_6576.jpeg

Might not exactly fit your needs, but I have to recommend the IWI tavor 12. Incredibly fun, reliable, and well built. Shoots high and low brass. Bird, buck, and slugs. I tend to shoot 200 rounds each time I take it out. I've only had it a short while so it's at about 1k rounds. It's short overall and balances well, but does feel wide compared to a traditional shotgun. Cleaning is really easy as take down is well thought out. I think I'll suppress it down the road. No need to SBS it as it's already pretty short. I'm not a bull pup fan, but this gun with 17 rounds ghost loaded is awesome.

View attachment 1825261
IWI anything is top drawer
I have an IWI MASADA in 9mm holds 18 rds it's quality is as good as anything you can spend big dollars on

No relation, @fredball.
His comment was likely a sarcastic one based on a different thread about Tisas that fed on itself. My comment was smart azz and I apologize if you didn't take it that way.
Don't sweat the small chit.

So, I've got an interest to add a semi-automatic, home defense—oriented, scattergun to the mix. Anywho, I am curious for recommendations to achieve:

• Semi-automatic.
  • Older or newer design, doesn't really matter.
  • Preferably in 12-gauge, though 20 would be more than fine. For this one, no .410-bore. As gonzo as a 10 would be, that would be severely limiting, so probably not.
  • A magazine capacity of at least 5 + 1. More is better, but the aforementioned is good to go.
  • Could go either way with tube magazine or detachable box magazine fed. I'd lean toward the former though.
  • A short barrel. I am heavily leaning towards SBSing this one to 14"-ish and/or cut back to magazine tube barrel length. Though a standard 18" would work. (If SBS, looking to Form 1ing this one as eForms would be quick enough. Paper Form 4 ridiculous waits might conflict with some life plans.)
  • A fixed, full-sized stock.
  • Strong preference toward wood furniture. If aftermarket has to be done, no worries.
  • Probably ghost-ring type sights. Open to other ideas though.
  • Positively a light system.
  • Almost certainly no muzzle brake or related.
  • Probably not a silencer, but wouldn't completely rule it out.
Thoughts on the base gun? Parts, upgrades, and related? Other thoughts? Thanks!
Hi:

I went with a Mossberg 930 for defense. Plus was the capacity. Minus was cleaning and the occasional misdeed. When the gun jammed, it was a trip back to the bench.

A couple of years ago I bought a Savage "Renagauge" for turkey. In the box are a few parts to adjust the gun fit. It worked nicely. Plus was a smoother and faster firing rate than the 930. Also easier to clean. Never had a jam.

The fit on the Savage changed my shooting style from a first shot to get placement, second shot to hit to a "one and done". Someone said 'fast is fine, but accuracy is final".

One less capacity than the 930, but about 1/2 pound lighter.

I'm partial to an Italian pedigree, but the cost differential for Benelli and Beretta made them less a tool and more of a piece of art. I also found higher weight with lower capacity when I made my decision.

I also appreciate wood hardware, but weight, wet and dirt were all factors for my environment for this tool.

I would consider the new Savage Renagauge Security.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Here's for the 930/935. I'm thinking of replacing my black synthetic stock and forearm on my 930 SPX
Not currently in stock, but you can setup a notification alert.

Alas, sold out on both.

Thinking the idea with a 940 outlined in post 35 might be the ticket. I'm not seeing it on their site, so I reckon I will contact Mossberg on Monday to see it obtaining the wood furniture is possible.

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever made an integrally suppressed, large(ish) capacity, semi-auto scattergun in this country? Seems like it would mitigate noise, flash, and recoil and avoid a huge weight hanging off the end of the barrel. 🤔

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever made an integrally suppressed, large(ish) capacity, semi-auto scattergun in this country? Seems like it would mitigate noise, flash, and recoil and avoid a huge weight hanging off the end of the barrel. 🤔
Can't help with those things but a good muzzle brake reduces recoil up to 70% and weighs only 3.4 oz.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top