JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, I've got an interest to add a semi-automatic, home defense—oriented, scattergun to the mix. Anywho, I am curious for recommendations to achieve:

• Semi-automatic.
  • Older or newer design, doesn't really matter.
  • Preferably in 12-gauge, though 20 would be more than fine. For this one, no .410-bore. As gonzo as a 10 would be, that would be severely limiting, so probably not.
  • A magazine capacity of at least 5 + 1. More is better, but the aforementioned is good to go.
  • Could go either way with tube magazine or detachable box magazine fed. I'd lean toward the former though.
  • A short barrel. I am heavily leaning towards SBSing this one to 14"-ish and/or cut back to magazine tube barrel length. Though a standard 18" would work. (If SBS, looking to Form 1ing this one as eForms would be quick enough. Paper Form 4 ridiculous waits might conflict with some life plans.)
  • A fixed, full-sized stock.
  • Strong preference toward wood furniture. If aftermarket has to be done, no worries.
  • Probably ghost-ring type sights. Open to other ideas though.
  • Positively a light system.
  • Almost certainly no muzzle brake or related.
  • Probably not a silencer, but wouldn't completely rule it out.
Thoughts on the base gun? Parts, upgrades, and related? Other thoughts? Thanks!

Last Edited:
I had a 14" SBS Benelli M4 back in my AZ days. Fun gun, but ultimately, not a whole lot handier than an 18". I'm not doing tactical shotgun instruction anymore though either.

Now if it were to be suppressed, that would be a different story. A 14" M4 with a Salvo would be quite nice!

I lean more towards the Beretta 1301 these days, but not sure if they do an SBS version.

1707507675773.png
1707507699722.png

or....try to create one based on this artist's rendering. :D
1707508025181.png

Edit to add: I may be displaying bias, my SBS is a Benelli M4.

Last Edited:
Super neato on the Benelli. The second pic, with a light, is pretty much what I'm looking for. :)
Have you used the M4 collapsible stock & pistol grip?

It looks cool, but it kinda sucks. I preferred the standard integrated grip & stock. It shouldered more accurately, the cheek weld was more consistent, easier on the wrists with heavy buckshot and it was quite a bit lighter.

View attachment 1818999
View attachment 1819000

or....try to create one based on this artist's rendering. :D

Edit to add: I may be displaying bias, my SBS is a Benelli M4.
Now that right there is sweet! I may have to seriously consider wood furniture on my 1301.

Have you used the M4 collapsible stock & pistol grip?

It looks cool, but it kinda sucks. I preferred the standard integrated grip & stock. It shouldered more accurately, the cheek weld was more consistent, easier on the wrists with heavy buckshot and it was quite a bit lighter.
No and I wouldn't be interested in a collapsible stock. I was meaning this picture:

1707540452348.png

So, I've got an interest to add a semi-automatic, home defense—oriented, scattergun to the mix. Anywho, I am curious for recommendations to achieve:

• Semi-automatic.
  • Preferably in 12-gauge, though 20 would be more than fine. For this one, no .410-bore. As gonzo as a 10 would be, that would be severely limiting, so probably not.
  • A magazine capacity of at least 5 + 1. More is better, but the aforementioned is good to go.
  • Could go either way with tube magazine or detachable box magazine fed. I'd lean toward the former though.
  • A short barrel. I am heavily leaning towards SBSing this one to 14"-ish and/or cut back to magazine tube barrel length. Though a standard 18" would work. (If SBS, looking to Form 1ing this one as eForms would be quick enough. Paper Form 4 ridiculous waits might conflict with some life plans.)
  • Strong preference toward wood furniture. If aftermarket has to be done, no worries.
I've answered this one on other threads but never gave cost info. This one total cost $679 without brake. Better design and more reliable than saiga (according to those who own both). 19" barrel.

Some other iterations. Wood stock and forearm total cost was $25 and they are readily available but pain to fit as it's not standard aK stock (Vepyr). AK furniture would be easy.

Last Edited:
Have a Benelli M1 Super 90 that would likely make for a very nice candidate.

Is already at minimum to not require a stamp. IIRC.

Shoots nice, although I don't shoot hardly any shotgun. Point being, very quick & controllable, even given my lack of SG too...

Also these guys made the gun in that Micah bump fire video in the other thread. Looks like they sell complete guns and parts to build your own.

Here's the video again

View: https://youtu.be/SwIKPJKLVaQ?si=0CSF038J0pcGdvu1
Its probably a good thing WA can not buy these. Every time I look I really want one BAD! Last time I looked at the site they were saying about 30+ weeks to get one if ordered so guess I must not be alone in wanting one. :s0140:

Browning A5 or Remington Model 11 would be fun as a short barreled shotgun.
Or even with just a 18 -20 inch barrel.
Both balance and handle nicely.
Let loose yer inner Clyde Barrow and "Whippet good "....:D
Andy

• Semi-automatic.
I have a 930 slug gun that came with wood furniture. With a barrel replacement I think it would tick all boxes.

I only have the one SBS. I don't really care for the look of pistol grips on shotguns...(or rifles)...but I need them due to my physical ability.
These are the Benelli shotguns that I own. Benelli 14" barrels are, like much else these days, ridiculously expensive...so you may want to factor that into making the choice.
I included them all in the photo to provide a visual of overall-length. M3 LE TOP, M4 MIDDLE, M4 ENTRY BOTTOM.

ui_bennies.jpeg
Edit to add: These are a bit boring when compared to your eclectic collection and style.

Mock-Up of an M2 Entry with wood (mentioned in post below).
ui_M2.png

Last Edited:
I only have the one SBS. I don't really care for the look of pistol grips on shotguns...(or rifles)...but I need them due to my physical ability.
These are the Benelli shotguns that I own. Benelli 14" barrels are, like much else these days, ridiculously expensive...so you may want to factor that into making the choice.
I included them all in the photo to provide a visual of overall-length. M3 LE TOP, M4 MIDDLE, M4 ENTRY BOTTOM.

View attachment 1822436
Edit to add: These are a bit boring when compared to your eclectic collection and style.

Mock-Up of an M2 Entry with wood (mentioned in post below).
View attachment 1822455
REALLY like the look of the wood. One made up like that would be really nice to have!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top