Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Best All Around Semi-Auto Shot Gun

Reactions
Thinking of buying a auto loader that can be used for waterfowl upland game birds. I'm sure there's many just wanting to see what everyone is using. And yes I've shot many makes just hard decision so was looking for opinions on your fave bird gun. Thank you

KKG

Reactions
I'd suggest the Remington 11-87 but I know there have been some QC issues lately. Still I'd go looking as it's a fine Shotgun. No plans for letting mine go any time soon.

v0lcom13sn0w

Reactions
M930, I also have a Weatherby SA-08 that kicks donkey. Neither one is a >$1,000 gun (like a Benelli or Beretta), they work awesomely, and you won’t cry when (not if) it gets scuffed/scratched.
the ones we cry about are the safequeens that see the light of day once every 2-3 years and we notice a small speck of surface rust or a small small small knick on the wood from movin around your POS $100 sks truck gun or mosin.

DirectDrive

Reactions
Thinking of buying a auto loader that can be used for waterfowl upland game birds. I'm sure there's many just wanting to see what everyone is using. And yes I've shot many makes just hard decision so was looking for opinions on your fave bird gun. Thank you
You could have a high dollar Benelli that doesn't fit you and get out-shot by someone with a Mossberg 500 that happens to fit them well.
So fitment is one of the most important things in shotgunning.
For designs, I like the Browning B80 which is a Beretta under a Browning skin.
It has a slight "hump" and not the radical hump of the A5.
The B80 is out of production.
My father was an 1100 guy and I got to love those guns as well.

For a budget gun in the current market, a friend just bought a Stoeger M3500 and it seems pretty nice for the money.

DirectDrive

Reactions
It was a good investment but there are better guns today.
I wouldn't say that.
The 1100 Trap has been reintroduced as the Remington Classic Trap and is still a player on the trap range after 40 years in production.
They are beautiful guns and they can do the work.

Joe13

Reactions
OP said he wants an auto.
I'm aware - just tossing out options. I have a hi standard from 1952 that will come dang close to keeping up with a Simi-auto without having to worry about what shells will cycle thru it.

I've even seen that same gun compete in 3 gun with guns 10x the price tag and do well.

OldTengu

Reactions
20171124_160240.jpg

Maybe not the best, but my favorite.
2nd 870 police magnum. Bought this one recently, even though it needs a coat of blue there isnt a spot of rust on it, the internals are mostly new and it has a new(ish) aftermarket trigger that, although im unsure of the brand, is superior to the original. It has all the stuff i was going to do to another shot gun done to it, and it cost me less than 3 bills.

v0lcom13sn0w

Reactions
Favorite shotguns have always been pumps.

I'd roll with an 870 express super Magnum if you want to shoot 3.5" shells.

The wing master is just a nicer version of the same gun.
wingmaster is 2 3/4” with a gold colored trigger and nicer furniture isnt it? i cant recall seeing a wingmaster be a 3” or larger. maybe idk what im talkin about.

sportsmans had 870 super mags onsale for $269 +10 today when i was there at 6AM. heck of a deal IMO.

Joe13

Reactions
wingmaster is 2 3/4” with a gold colored trigger and nicer furniture isnt it? i cant recall seeing a wingmaster be a 3” or larger. maybe idk what im talkin about.

sportsmans had 870 super mags onsale for $269 +10 today when i was there at 6AM. heck of a deal IMO.
Straight from Remington's website on the Wingmaster:

IMG_2143.PNG

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Klickitat County Firearms Training Facility
    4.00 star(s)
    Not really a range guy, as in I am 53 years old and today is the very first time I have been to an actual managed shooting range. Also, not a WA...
    • CRBMoA
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    I've made several purchases here over the past few years and I've had a great experience every time. Prices are good, their staff is helpful, and...
    • Joe Link
  • Big Iron Armory
    5.00 star(s)
    It's great to have an LGS inside Portland Metro. Walt and Noah have put care into setting good prices and acquiring quality firearms and...
    • kr0ptkin
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Well I finally got around to taking pics of the Cerakoting work that Jeremy of Lucky Sports did for my wife and me about 3 weeks ago. We couldn't...
    • jg rider
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Here's more work that Jeremy did for me The first 3 pics are of an RIA frame that I had Cerakoted years back by an outfit in Molino. I had Jeremy...
    • jg rider

Staff online